joskuk

Dial-a-Height Broke Today

joskuk

Well, today I was using the blade out in the woods to clear an area of brush. Everything was going so well, but halfway into the job when I was lowering the blade I heard a metal snapping sound. I lifted the blade and that worked fine, but the dial-a-height did nothing at all. I looked at the lift mechanism and it looks like the threaded rod piece snapped!

I wasn't dropping the blade or anything, I've been pretty nice to it. Not really sure why this broke... Hopefully Toro still makes this part.

But, if anyone has any suggestions or tips for replacement of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1619.JPG

Tankman

Check eBay, see ‘em frequently.

Good luck. 

• Like 2

clueless

A-Z has got what you need, bought the whole Dial-a-height from him last month.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Or go to Classifieds /wanted and post there. I know there's going to be someone with one .

• Like 2

joskuk

Thanks for all the info everyone. I ended up ordering a new rod so I'm not getting one that is on it's way out, I don't want to have to fix this again in the middle of the winter. I'll definitely be ordering from A-Z tractor in the future, quite the collection of parts from the look of it.

Does anyone know why these usually break? Is it just a metal fatigue issue, or is it from operator error?