Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

Question on 702 decals on Ebay

Horse'n Around

I have been wanting to get some decals to restore my 702's. I just saw that seller a on Ebay....ibbecca has 702 decals made by vinylguy52 listed and I sure would like to buy a set or two. Boy they look incredible!!!! The only thing is, I dont have paypal anymore, in 2005 someone gained access to my account and really caused me a lot of grief so out of fear it would happen again,I did away with it. Now.... Ebay requires that sellers not advertise weather they accept money orders, only that they accept paypal , and I have tried emailing her to ask if she will accept a money order but I have not recieved a responce yet. Does anyone know if she accepts money orders for payment on her auctions? As I said, I would like very much to buy a set or two and have the serial number applied to the shift pattern decal as well.

Thanks,

John

JimD

john,

i checked her auction for one of the decal sets, and at the bottom of the page it says under sellers payment instructions, paypal only. that may be because she can't say otherwie, as tou stated. so i would try the message again. i wasn't aware of the change you mentioned either. sorry, jim.

Michael Bullington

I think ebay did change that policy if I not mistaken, Just another way to make money I guess

CasualObserver

Not to get to far off topic here, but the reason ebay has gone paypal only is because they have been lining things up to be able to report sellers to the government, and forcing most if not all of the transactions into PayPal makes them easier to report. There has been quiet legislation (it was buried in the 2008 Housing and Economic Recover Act from last July) about how to handle collecting income taxes from people running ebay businesses who aren't claiming any of their ebay income. They're not after Joe Schmo buying and reselling a couple tractors or parts, they're after the big ones. The target line was 200 selling transactions or $20,000 in gross sales per year. Ebay will be required to issuing reports to the government and 1099s to sellers starting in the year 2012. I work in accounting, so unfortunately... I'm not just talking out of my butt here.... I actually have to deal with this daily. So if you run an ebay business in your spare time.... CYA. Check with your tax advisor or accountant on what you need to start keeping track of. Keep in mind though... if you have to report the income... you also get to deduct expenses like fuel or mileage for tractor trips and tools and supplies for tearing them down or working on them to fix up to sell. Just a thought. Here's a couple links you can read up on if you think this might apply to you. PayPal and Ebay must report to the IRS and PayPals Blog on the bill

And now backtotopic.gif John, you could try sending a message to vinylguy52 here on the board. I'm pretty sure he stops in at least once every day or two.

Horse'n Around

I was able to get ahold of her and she and I got it worked out so Im going to be able to buy a set, she was very nice and helpfull I appreciate it. I was going to buy two sets but upon closer examination, one of my Wheel Horses is not a 702, I think it might have been a 502 because even though there is a elect start engine in it now, I see no indications that it came that way. In fact there is no starter push button as well as no ign switch in the proper location, nor has it ever had a switch there. Plus there is a lot of cobbled wiring so I think it was "updated" by someone. For now I am not sure how I am going to go about redoing it Im for sure going to disassemble it and repaint it and make everything all nice and safe , but I dont know if I will put the correct engine in it. I might just leave it as is, at least for now.

I figured there was a reason Ebay made the change, but I thought it was because from what I understand, they own paypal or something to that effect so I figured they were trying to make more money but now that you mention it, I can see how the govt would do this in order to collect taxes from the big sellers.Boy they sure did their best to hide their legislation when they did it didnt they?

Thank you for your replies!

John