Sign in to follow this  
C-Series14

C-161 FEL

C-Series14

Well, thought I would see if it could do it...it lifts a LR with ease but this was a little heavy but it did lift it. Steering was not so good or traction but it is out of the shed! Little RJ got skeered, thought I was lifting him next!!!

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-4-1200930906.jpg

T-Mo

Not too bad, as for the capacity is concerned. How much counterweight do you have on the rear?

C-Series14

Wheel weights, I guess they are the 50 lb. ones, and then 8 each 40 lb. suitcase weights on the rear.

T-Mo

That's about 420 lbs, right (as I do some quick math in my head) :D

Rollerman

Mike couple questions...? :D

Have you ever had a problem with your fan gear skiping with a load or do you have to be mindfull of additional wear there?

Also is the rod on the left side of the loader frame by the bucket just to let you know where it's at...ie tilted or level?

Nice pics by the way! :P

C-Series14

Yea...420 lbs. plus me.

I do have some slipping with a load. It was slipping picking up the C-160 but didn't with the LR. The belt tension is adjustable but hard to get it tight. The rod on the left side is to tell you when the bucket is level. When it is even with the other one, the bucket is level, comes in handy! :D

Rollerman

Mike thanks for the info...I ment the fan gear on the steering shaft though.

To the teeth ever skip if you have a load & you turn?

C-Series14

Oh..that fan gear...no, hasn't skipped yet, I really don't steer to hard if I can tell it is struggling to turn, just do alot of back and forth...Under normal loads, it steers hard but turns, keeping the front tires over filled helps!

Nick

Mike, Nice shot of the loader at work. Funny how big a difference there is when you cant keep the weight back close to the tractor. With the weight moved back I can lift well over 600 pounds with the Load Ranger but move it out 12" or more and the capacity starts to drop fast. With a short wheelbase I cant have much more than 200 pounds counter weight or the front wheels might come of the ground. :D Does make it steer easy though.

Nick in Ohio

loadtest002.jpg

refracman

MIke ya gotta love haveing a loader tracror :D

When i fisrt built mine i used to big of lift cylinders and it made the load to far out from the front of the tractor, even with loaded tires 50 pd wights and 250 pds hanging off the 3pt it was unstable, even broke the front axel. :P . After that i rebuilt it and put shorter lift cyls. and shortened the arms it works great. The most i ever lifted was when i was cleanin the back 40 out, had 7 sq of shingles stacked on the bucket and 3 sq on the graderbox

then

xtgt.jpg

now

lo1.jpg

C-Series14

That is the trick, having those uprights as close to the rear wheels as possible. I remember several SEVERAL years ago at the WH Show when Ben Kasler from Athens, Ohio, put a Kwik Way on his C-160 and I helped him. The uprights were just about even between the front and rear tires! I have thought of moving mine aft a couple inches but hate to ruin the originality of the WH Loader...

This FEL has probably been my best find AND best attachment.

oldandred

I need to get the one arm fel out and tack some pictures and add here

Nick

Mike,

You might not want to move the loader back to much or you start to loose some reach. Not a problem most of the time until you want to do something like load onto a flatbed trailer or into a truck bed. With the loader arms moved back the front of the tractor will hit before you get very far into the bed.

Jerry,

how are these pictures from the 2004 show? One arm loader at work to. I have more if you want them.

Nick in Ohio

onearm5.jpg

onearm2.jpg

C-Series14

That's true Nick...Now about the one arm loader of Jerry's, who made it? And in the first pick, I like how it is on backwards, is that for digging like a backhoe???

Sparky

I think its just face down in the dirt and not on backwards. Probably so no one tosses their trash in it while its parked at a show.

Mike.....

TT

They used to have them on Ford tractors. I believe they called the "One Arm Bandit" loaders.

Here's a couple I found for sale:

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoad...query=retrieval

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoad...query=retrieval

P.S. > The bucket isn't on backwards in the first picture -- it's just rolled "face down" on the ground.

EDIT: Oops! -- "Sparky" Mike beat me to it! :D

C-Series14

Oh.................I see, you are right. Well, that tells me it is time for a Mt. Dew, my eyesight is weak! :D

Nick

Mike, I think Jerry purchased the loader already built but have to wait and see if he knows who built it. I had to look at that picture for a while again myself, with the bucket turned down it did look backwards. Cadplans sells plans for a one arm loader but dont see to many around.

Nick in Ohio

Rollerman

I just think it looks like an awfully neat setup & look great on a round hood!

Not that it don't look good on that C series too.

I'm guessing a setup like that though has to be really braced well so you don't twist things.

T-Mo

I would imagine the arms and mounting bracket are a lot stiffer and stronger. Also, the lifting capacity might be effected, though, of course, I'm not sure. :D I like it though. It would look nice on my C-141. :P

Rollerman

Yeah I'm sure it doesn't have the capacity of the Ark or KW loaders...but it looks neat. :D

Where did you find it Jerry?

combatmp29r

That does look neat. The neighbor had a one arm loader on his 8n when I was a kid. I think he built his though.

TT

I remember seeing the main arm on the "One Arm Bandit" loader on my Pap's 861 Ford gouged out to be welded when it cracked. (very typical, I guess) It had to have been at least 1/2" wall pipe! :D

I can't remember it well enough to be certain, but I think there was a reason the loader could only have the arm on one side -- whether it had something to do with the tractor itself, or because it allowed cleaning/scraping along a wall, etc. with the narrow bucket.