Seacrestbf

Bogging Down

Seacrestbf

Hello, I have a D 200. It has been running great, I was having a hard time starting it and I replace the filter and fuel pump. Adjusted the carb, and now under heavy load she will bog down and stall. If you are just driving seams fine, but if you tow a trailer with the mower, I boggs and stalls? Carb Issue or Fuel Pump?

Thoughts?

Thank you

Brian 

Ed Kennell

Did you clean the carb after installing the new filter and fuel pump. 

Sometimes debris is dislodged by the barbed fittings and may be lodged in the float shut off or the high speed jet.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:  Brian.

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Ed is absolutely right ... many times after messing with old fuel lines, filters, and tanks I shook more stuff loose that ended up in a float bowl or main jet. The hazards of working on these older tractors or some times even newer ones. Once found an old piece of rubber fuel line stuffed right up in a main jet.

BTW 

:WRS:

• Like 1

Sarge

If the tractor has been using ethanol laced fuel the rubber lines can and will rot from the inside out - first rule is to use non-ethanol fuel if you can find it locally . I've gotten away from using rubber fuel lines completely and have gone with the clear stuff used by motorcycle and motorsports small engines - I get rolls of 1/4" & 5/16" line from Parts Unlimited . I see now through a search and it looks like they've dropped the true clear stuff and gone to a translucent blue/clear - which will work the same .

http://www.parts-unlimited.com/products/?productId=432898

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Sarge

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Brad Schroder
      By Brad Schroder
      Looking for a oem carburetor for a 1057 with a k241s. Currently running an aftermarket unit that came on tractor when purchased.
    • msdhomeplans@gmail.com
      By msdhomeplans@gmail.com
      Hi I am trying to resurrect my fathers 1966 wheel horse lawn ranger.  I have gas leaking from the carburetor and I need a replacement.  I can not seem to find any accurate resources for the correct one needed. 

Here are the specs for the tractor.  I am also in need of a seat for it if you know which work for this model.  

Thanks in advance!

Model Number L 156
      Serial # 219222

Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger L-156
      Tecumseh H60 gasoline 1-cylinder air-cooled Displacement: 221 cc
      13.53 ci Bore/Stroke: 2.625x2.50 inches
      67 x 64 mm Power: 6 hp
      4.5 kW Starter volts: 12  

• hotajax
      By hotajax
      Morning -  Looking for a carb.  There are plenty of carbs on the 'net, but 99% do not fit because of the choke configuration.

Background info:  Engine - K321S, 14 Horse Kohler.
      Choke control cable is routed to come from BELOW the carb.  To close the choke, pull on the choke knob, the choke shaft rotates counter clockwise, and the finger tab sits at the 10 o'clock position.
      To open the choke, push on the choke knob, the choke shaft rotates clockwise, and the tab sits at the 1 o'clock position.

Where can I get his carb?  Thanks in advance. 

• 67 WH 877
      By 67 WH 877
      When I purchased my WH (67 T877) it had the incorrect oil bath filter on it (it bent the front of the grill out) I took it off and placed a regular filter using just the oil bath cover. My question is...is it ok to run these Kohlers without the oil bath filters? I know they are better filters, but Im curious if the modern filters are sufficient. 
    • SimonC
      By SimonC
      Hi,

my throttle return spring is basically useless.

3 questions; 

- if I remove the throttle butterfly screw that holds the shaft in there, do I need to use loctite or similar when putting it back ? 
      - I cannot find any reference online or anywhere to the model of carb I have; 676794 or 676704 (attached pic), are those springs normally standard (any link to a replacement would be great)

the rest of the carburetor is not in that good of a shape, I see all bunch of cheap carb around on ebay but again, none that match my part number.  Other than the throttle/choke/fuel line, can I safely replace mine with another model assuming it's built for the same engine size (10hp).

my current block is a sbh-225 (hh100) installed on a raider 10 (69-70) 

thanks