Schorchy

D250 Idles great, falls on its face if speed it up

Schorchy

Rebuilt the carb, checked the timing. starts easy Idles awesome but try to increase engine speed it misses and splutters !  

WHX??

Not a Renault pro here guy but there are guys here that are that wI'll be along. I can however:WRS: you.

Adams94

I would guess it is getting enough fuel to idle but not enough to rev up.:twocents-02cents:

Ed Kennell
16 minutes ago, Adams94 said:

I would guess it is getting enough fuel to idle but not enough to rev up.:twocents-02cents:

:text-yeahthat: or excess air being sucked  in around a worn throttle plate shaft or manifold or carb gasket.

BTW,   :text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:.

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

is the coil wired correctly? had the same issues when i had the condensor on the wrong terminal

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Schorchy

I put a electric fuel pump on it and same Problem, But I do know that the coil was changed before i got the tractor so Ill look at that ! 

Update, tried the wire switch, nothing... but I thought about trying another coil, I did and its a 50% improvement ! this is a old coil I had laying around. 

I need to find a replacemnt coil with the correct output any Help ? Part Number Cross reference ?

Also Points,condensor,Cap and rotor parts numbers ? Piont and Plug Gap ?

Edited by Schorchy

Sarge

You'll need to look that stuff up by the engine numbers - some auto parts stores actually have some of the small Renault engines listed under their industrial line .

Sarge

Schorchy

Found part numbers man this stuff is rare !

Item                   Brand          Part number

Cap                    Ducellier           72196

Rotor                  Ducellier           72192

Sarge

What does that engine use for timing advance ? Is it vacuum or simply mechanical weights and springs in the distributor ? If those parts are not working correctly it will not advance the timing like it should and could stick as well - something to look into . I'm not dead familiar with that model Renault but there should be plenty of info on it around the Euro sites - it was a common industrial engine at one time .

Sarge

r1jakecfd

Maybe idle circuit is clear and high speed jet is dirty? 

Never worked on Renaults but most carbs do the same thing.

A good carb cleaning is always a good place to start. I bought a small Harbor Freight Ultrasonic cleaner and love it. Even when you think you have the carb parts clean with spray and brushes, you put the parts in turn it on and clouds of varnish start clearing off. Presto! Clean carb. 

*Tip* If you use the ultrasonic cleaner, it’s on a timer. Run it for at least a few cycles.

*Even better idea* Buy the Ultrasonic cleaner for your wife for Christmas to clean her jewelry then “borrow” it. 😂😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1