USHorse

Woodruff axle key

USHorse

So simple....yet so complicated.  Ordered a woodruff key for my 310-8 (assuming 21-10K804).  It has the 1- inch axle.  The WH parts list says 937108 which I ordered and is way oversized.  Measures 1/2" x 1 3/8.  Anybody have the right part number?  

rmaynard

That is the correct part number. Are you sure there aren't two keys stuck together?

USHorse

They are not stuck.  

Ed Kennell

Any good hardware store ie. ACE, True Value, TSC,  carries a selection of woodruff keys.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

937108 is a Woodruff #22 - 1/4" x 1-3/8"

937097 is a Woodruff #15 - 1/4" x 1"

If you are looking at an online parts list look farther down the list for the same item number listed again. The one I looked at they are both item 21

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/21-10k804-310-8-toro-310-8-garden-tractor-1987/wheels-and-tires/

Garry

• Like 1

WHX??

Every time I went some where to get a woodruff Horse I ALWAYS came home with every one but the one I needed. Ebay or Amazon  woodruff and you'll find those nifty kits with all sizes in a nice little box for the shelf.

USHorse
9 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

937108 is a Woodruff #22 - 1/4" x 1-3/8"

937097 is a Woodruff #15 - 1/4" x 1"

If you are looking at an online parts list look farther down the list for the same item number listed again. The one I looked at they are both item 21

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/21-10k804-310-8-toro-310-8-garden-tractor-1987/wheels-and-tires/

Garry

I just measured the broken one I took out...seems to be a good match for the 937097 number..  Shame on me for not scrolling down farther on the parts list.  Tx!!!##

• Like 1

gwest_ca

That is the trouble with online parts lists. If you look at the engine page you will see that parts list covers 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 horse power models.

The higher hp models will use a transmission with 1-1/8" axles and the larger key. Problem is they don't make that distinction.

There is nothing better than an original parts list where the models are stated.

Garry

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

123GO
On 11/14/2017 at 4:43 AM, gwest_ca said:

That is the trouble with online parts lists. If you look at the engine page you will see that parts list covers 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 horse power models.

The higher hp models will use a transmission with 1-1/8" axles and the larger key. Problem is they don't make that distinction.

There is nothing better than an original parts list where the models are stated.

Garry

Yep very accurate statement here. Some Horses are not fully supported for whatever reasons anyway? Only been around 7 decades though so maybe they need more time?

Neither of my M14 Manuals are listed on Kohler site so' I had to locate them elsewhere. But' all M12 & M16 manuals are shown there & yet none have any M14 info in them.

Funny thing is the Kohler service manual I located elsewhere online shows them all in one manual so that's what should be posted on Kohler's website and not.

Great thing about it all is, it shows us these cool Wheel Horse folks/sites while looking for it all. Oh yaaah!

Original parts manual is the answer..

Thanks Gary

squonk

I needed keys for a 73 no-name 12. Tractor had 2 different sized axle slots. Now I have a drawer full of 2 sizes of keys.:)

123GO

Well' sounds like you need more Horses to go with those extra parts then..:twocents-02cents: