RJC1965

Gear chain for 44inch snowblower

RJC1965

I was inspecting and lubing the chain on my 2 stage 44 in blower and noticed some of the links were frozen. Can you get replacement chain at a local farm and fleet or tractor supply house rather then buying one of the toro ones? If yes is there something to look at as far as chain size or just go and match it up Thank you 

WVHillbilly520H

#40 roller,  buy bulk 10'+ makes about 3, then you'll have spares for later, but you will also need some master and half links to attach the ends together and a chain breaking tool, Jeff.  Then use the old one for front tire chains.

Screenshot_20171113-184210.png

Screenshot_20171113-184222.png

Screenshot_20171113-184239.png

Screenshot_20171113-184256.png

• Like 4

rjg854

I used a #40 chain that I got from Tractor Supply on my single stage. I'm not sure if the chain on a 2 stage is different. Some one will come along that will most likely set you straight. 

I wasn't fast enough :text-lol:

Edited by rjg854
Slow
  • Like 1

RJC1965

Thanks to both of you I have a chain break so set there I am going to make up three would rather be set for the next 10 to 15 years. WVH thank you for the tip on buying full links and half links and thanks to every one for helping the blower is now correctly attached to the tractor just going to keep going through all the maintenance and lubing procedures before I put power to it. 

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Here's a lil video of mine running hope it helps with any questions with auger/impeller speed and sound if you get it play, Jeff.

VIDEO0001.mp4

WHX??

Yes keep a few on the shelf .. better you change them yearly if used heavy than wear down those sprockets. It seems that most grade of common chain wear easily than sprockets which is better than wearing sprockets... especially on singles hooking the teeth on an auger sprocket.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Luckily the 2stage both sprockets are replaceable without cutting ,grinding ,lathe work and a welder,  already did that on my old single tall chute, don't let 'em tell you that you need to replace the auger for a worn sprocket, if a hillbilly can do it anyone can, Jeff.