WVHillbilly520H

Dolmar Chainsaw

WVHillbilly520H

Since Paul @pfrederi started a thread asking advice about firewood I got in the mood to work up some more of the storm damaged trees today while it was nice weather here...the 2cd pic is the tree that barber chaired and about hurt me really bad (but now has been reduced to firewood), last is just how bad the ivy/creeper vines are here behind my house. Still have the big split top to buck up and pull the last limb out of the clutches of the viney trash and and couple more trunks to fell but slowly getting it cut and cleaned up...next is dragging the hydraulic splitter over and making it easy for my parents to handle.

IMAG5821.jpg

IMAG5822.jpg

IMAG5823.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Got some of the limbs drug away and blocks piled up this morning while it was cooler...

IMAG5824.jpg

IMAG5825.jpg

IMAG5826.jpg

IMAG5827.jpg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

@ebinmaine, @pfrederi, unloaded the yellow locust off trailer, and stacked it and the big wild cherry against the red tractor shed, that's approximately 6' tall and 20' long and I have another trailer load or more to gather and stack up to season out.

IMAG5843.jpg

IMAG5573.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Wicked awesome

Trina and I were talking last night about what to do for wood storage. We are considering making a couple of 8 by 8 sheds and building a holtzhausen in each one of them.

Leave all four sides open while it dries and then close 3 1/2 sides against the snow for the winter.

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Got some more done...another trailer load a bit more stacked on top and the limbs moved back into the wooded area...

IMAG5848.jpg

IMAG5849.jpg

IMAG5851.jpg

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
21 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

building a holtzhausen

Please explain?  In your best English? (I can understand Meeah, but don’t know if this is a true German term, or another NE accent?). :ROTF:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Please explain?  In your best English? (I can understand Meeah, but don’t know if this is a true German term, or another NE accent?). :ROTF:

:ROTF:

No no. Real German words. It translates to Wood House.

It's the European way of drying wood.

Basically in a circle of wood that is a self drying stack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

wood1.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ztnoo

Wenn Sie ein erfahrener Holzfäller sein möchten, sollten Sie die deutsche Sprache gut beherrschen und über die richtige Ausrüstung verfügen, um sicher und effizient arbeiten zu können.

Verstehen?

1695616479_Holzfaller2kettensaegenschein.jpg.4e5f7c7428c66d91c868900f12a27a53.jpg

2021663591_Holffaller3.jpg.1cdc7359bd00088aa7eababe0c0c5c59.jpg40717954_Holzfaller1.jpg.fc5f0ad46eaa51f7d2d3b0324b2bb54f.jpg

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

:text-yeahthat:...Have no idea what you said but I believe it's cool.

ztnoo

Check out Google translate.

Copy and paste.

Neat tool to use occasionally.