ebinmaine

How did you create, or get stuck with, your screen name?

Lee1977

Lee is my middle name. I first got into Wheel Horses when I bought my C-120 new in 1977. I've been on Redsquare from 2009 was Don1977 until one of the crashes and couldn't get back in with that name.  I retired back in 2000 was a draftsman using a computer for the last 20 years. Didn't even used a computer with the exception of drawing a few small jobs for friends and neighbors for quite a few years.

• Like 7

tunahead72

As long as we're on the subject...

• Like 3

Lars
On 12.11.2017 at 8:06 PM, stevasaurus said:

Well, it happened some years ago.  You see, I am the poster child for hating change and technology.  I think it was all about cell phones, and I liked the one I had...it was and is still just a cell phone...that is all it does.  My wife called me a dinosaur and my friend Tom went one more step and called me Stevasaurus.  Needless to say, it stuck.  :occasion-xmas:

I still live in the 60's, I still use my "reel to reel" "8 track player"  "cassettes".  I have a VCR on 3 TV's.  I still use Windows 97 and DOS 6.2.  When I go to the doctor's office, I pull a magazine off the rack and read it while waiting.  And while we are at it...what was ever wrong with regular "Fig Newtons"???  Why do we have to have "Strawberry Newtons".??  At least Farm & Fleet still carries Chunkys...but like dinosaurs...they are getting harder to find.  My 2014 Silverado has electric windows and I hate em...takes me 8 or 9 tries to set the window where I want it.  I could not buy that truck with crank windows.  I was a lineman for the phone company for over 10 years before getting into splicing back in the 70's...today, I would be an Outside Plant Technician...same job.  How stupid is that??  When someone asks me if I text...I just get this real funny look and say "What?"   Well, anyway, that's how I got the name, and that is just Swell.  :handgestures-thumbupright::USA:

Umm you forgot Dino...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

Thank you Everyone for contributing to this post....

I'll read through them in the next couple days when I can.

KEEP 'EM COMIN'

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

WV is my home state, hillbilly because where do they come from (or is it that my first name is William and I used to live in the hills of WV :think:), and 520H because at the time my bought new 520H is the only :wh: I owned, then came a 523Dxi 2 more 520Hs and and a 520xi then sold the Xi's and 1 520H, oh so goes the red tractor hobby, Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: of course he has to post those just a few days before Gun season opening day here in WI!!! Those are some beauties and you have a fitting avatar!

• Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
10 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: of course he has to post those just a few days before Gun season opening day here in WI!!! Those are some beauties and you have a fitting avatar!

Yeah, and right after the 37 day Pa archery season ended while I spent 35 of those days in a tree trying   to get this bruiser in range.

IMG_7841.thumb.JPG.d4a5d6807f02120d7c53b97f11d8280e.JPG

A preseason pic I took in August at 300+ yards.

• Like 9

Kurt-NEPA

Well mine is pretty obvious too.  My name is Kurt and I live in NEPA (northeast Pennsylvania).  Some think I live in California and misspelled NAPA.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

ztnoo
45 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I could change my name to "Deer Sausage Wannabe". 

Steve, you might want to add to that self proclaimed title and include the French term, "Vigneron".

Might as well go whole hog, so to speak.........

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH
9 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yeah, and right after the 37 day Pa archery season ended while I spent 35 of those days in a tree trying   to get this bruiser in range.

IMG_7841.thumb.JPG.d4a5d6807f02120d7c53b97f11d8280e.JPG

A preseason pic I took in August at 300+ yards.

Only 300 yards...? Piece of cake with the right bow and no wind...

:ychain:

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell Ed is there any thing you don't or can't do . You have the energy of a 15 year old. I could not keep up with you for a few hours without a  long nap.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Big_Red_Fred
53 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Only 300 yards...? Piece of cake with the right bow and no wind...

:ychain:

Hey that looks like my dang camera ! How bout it Ed :ROTF:

• Like 1

Sarge

If you want deer sausage - just ask . i've always been wanting to go deer hunting , but I get too much "extra" meat as it is , especially deer sausage . Got several buddies that fill tags for every possible season available around here - the stuff is coming out of our ears most times - probably still have a couple full loins in the freezer from last year still...

Sarge

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
51 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Ed Kennell Ed is there any thing you don't or can't do . You have the energy of a 15 year old. I could not keep up with you for a few hours without a  long nap.

Actually Jim,  I'm only 23,  I don't know how I got stuck in this 73 year old body?    Mrs. K say there is a lot I don't do.....the honey-do list just keeps growing.

43 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Hey that looks like my dang camera ! How bout it Ed :ROTF:

Yeah Fred, I may have strained the CANNON SX150 with that shot.      The deer looked like a dot on the original picture and it did get a bit grainy when I blew it up.

I've actually taken some pretty good long range pics with the Camera held behind a 50X spotting scope on a tripod.   Didn't have it with me for this shot though.

Is this better Fred?

IMG_7841.JPG.409cdfd79e01d902598768253fbc86df.JPG

• Like 8

Big_Red_Fred
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Actually Jim,  I'm only 23,  I don't know how I got stuck in this 73 year old body?    Mrs. K say there is a lot I don't do.....the honey-do list just keeps growing.

Yeah Fred, I may have strained the CANNON SX150 with that shot.      The deer looked like a dot on the original picture and it did get a bit grainy when I blew it up.

I've actually taken some pretty good long range pics with the Camera held behind a 50X spotting scope on a tripod.   Didn't have it with me for this shot though.

Is this better Fred?

IMG_7841.JPG.409cdfd79e01d902598768253fbc86df.JPG

Perfect ! You spoke of the Beagle Club, Do you Remember a Man named Landis Hale, he is Diseased now, i remember him loading his dogs in crates to run them, he was my Fathers Neighbor  

Ed Kennell
2 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Do you Remember a Man named Landis Hale. 

Don't remember him Fred,  but the old brain is losing some of the stored data.

• Sad 1

roadapples

@Ed Kennell  the way that started Ed, I thought your handle used to be "Turkey"    :ychain:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

JPWH

I have always used hank on forums but when I started here at rs hank was taken so I used hank01. After a while I noticed a phrase used often "make it your own" so I did. My name is Jay Paxton so JPWH.

• Like 9