Big_Red_Fred

Whats your Winter Project

Big_Red_Fred

Well its Cold in the North but that didnt keep many home today, Not even BRF ! Went to my sons Stable and grabbed my K321 ! Taking to my shop to begin a Full rebuild to Live again in my C125 which will become a C145, Whats your project Red Square Members ?IMG_05591.jpg.31285c834d371e4e6136979034f9f775.jpgIMG_05601.jpg.a05343d84e4caa7415dfc36d99c8134c.jpgIMG_05611.jpg.5dbbfbb8e2d5765e8bfd23f70d96b862.jpg

• Like 7

953 nut

I will continue work on the 953 until it gets too cold and then seek shelter in the wood working shop (has a good heating system). I have a couple of end tables, coffee table and entertainment center to build.

• Like 7

Adams94

Get my 520-8 ready to mow, got some work to do on the 48" deck that goes on it and I'm hoping to find a good front deck carrier for it.

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

• Like 7

Chris G

My winter project is 1958 Copar Panzer T55. Made a post in other brand area. 

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 7

Achto

Hmmm:confusion-scratchheadyellow: My 701? 867? the Franken mutt? :techie-eureka: I think maybe my Raider 12 plow mule will be the victim this winter. Hope to make this one a trouble free dirt turning machine.

• Like 5

JPWH

1) I am going to totally tear down the custom 12 and build back like new.

2) Restore hoods for two 854's that was damaged last summer.

• Like 5

ohiofarmer

a 1975 Honda old wing found me for only $300.00. it is very different from the old twin cylinders, but at the same time a lot of things are very familiar. The cult following they have has me making good progress already. Not including tires, the needed parts to have this baby running might be as little as $200

• Like 6

ebinmaine

My "tractor related" project is going to be partially (ok, mostly) disassembling my B80 and repainting it.

I'll start my own thread for updates on that within a month or so.

Never done a project like this so I'll be looking for all the advice I can get !!

• Like 5

Pollack Pete

Got the flathead V-8 out of my 1952 Ford F-6 on my engine stand for a valve job and some other freshening up.I think it's going to be a long,cold Winter here in up-state NY.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Easy - put on the front blade, chains and flasher and wait for some of that famous frozen white Michigan Sunshine!!! The old C-105 is running like a top!

:banana-skier:

• Like 5

prondzy

I have a mower deck rebuild i got from @WHX12, a transmission rebuild for my suburban 400, and a workers resto for this little project10104.jpeg.32c96200e7f1e413fe6bee8cd721275c.jpeg

• Like 5

richmondred01
2 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

Got the flathead V-8 out of my 1952 Ford F-6 on my engine stand for a valve job and some other freshening up.I think it's going to be a long,cold Winter here in up-state NY.

All the best with that flathead. Here's one I did 

IMG_2383.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

While not a tractor - this is truly related as a tool used to repair them and make new parts - 1952 Atlas/Clausing model 1810 drill press . Currently in about 200 pieces in various spots of the shop taking up precious space , really need it back together and in service . What started as a simple bearing/spindle check snowballed into a full resto -

5a08589578b23_Clausing_1810_on_trailer1.jpg.874a51e4ce0ef1dff11503f0e437148a.jpg

5a08575f732c5_20171024_1814361.jpg.33c15b20a657ee15d04f0cc83a783879.jpg

So glad I found an IPL and book on this thing - they are quite rare and putting it back together correctly would be some serious head scratching . Biggest thing I have to work on for it is the table/head lift's gear box - found a used one and will have to rebuild it as they gears are severely worn . Will be welding those teeth up once I figure out what metal they are made from and re-profile the teeth to fit better . The truly unique thing about how they built this unit is that table/head lift is positioned in a way that it can lift either the table or head - makes it a much more versatile machine . It's taken a serious learning process , but setting it up to be used with a variable frequency drive for the Atlas 3/4hp 3ph motor running on 220vac 1ph power here . Head and base is painted already - need to finish painting the table and gear box , then start the assembly nightmare . Few other small parts have to be made that were missing - finding anything used for it is a joke .

Sarge

• Like 4

Pollack Pete
23 minutes ago, Sarge said:

While not a tractor - this is truly related as a tool used to repair them and make new parts - 1952 Atlas/Clausing model 1810 drill press . Currently in about 200 pieces in various spots of the shop taking up precious space , really need it back together and in service . What started as a simple bearing/spindle check snowballed into a full resto -

5a08589578b23_Clausing_1810_on_trailer1.jpg.874a51e4ce0ef1dff11503f0e437148a.jpg

5a08575f732c5_20171024_1814361.jpg.33c15b20a657ee15d04f0cc83a783879.jpg

So glad I found an IPL and book on this thing - they are quite rare and putting it back together correctly would be some serious head scratching . Biggest thing I have to work on for it is the table/head lift's gear box - found a used one and will have to rebuild it as they gears are severely worn . Will be welding those teeth up once I figure out what metal they are made from and re-profile the teeth to fit better . The truly unique thing about how they built this unit is that table/head lift is positioned in a way that it can lift either the table or head - makes it a much more versatile machine . It's taken a serious learning process , but setting it up to be used with a variable frequency drive for the Atlas 3/4hp 3ph motor running on 220vac 1ph power here . Head and base is painted already - need to finish painting the table and gear box , then start the assembly nightmare . Few other small parts have to be made that were missing - finding anything used for it is a joke .

Sarge

Sarge,I've got an old Walker-Turner floor model that's in about as many pieces as yours.Been that way for about 15 yrs now.Hope none of my parts walked away.The quality and workmanship of these old machines is incredible.

28 minutes ago, richmondred01 said:

All the best with that flathead. Here's one I did 

IMG_2383.JPG

Nice looking Flattie.What's it in?Looks like something older than mine judging by the location of the thermostat housings.Mine are more up toward the front of the heads.Looked at your pic again.I see the distributor on the front too.

• Like 1

Sarge

I had passed on one smaller Walker Turner - the table on it was the small round one and I wanted a larger production table . The Clausing has a huge 22" wide table with t-slots included and of course a nice smile of shame from living in a high school shop in Chicago . Got all that damage welded/machined and just need to paint it plus work on that infernal gear box .

Sarge

• Like 3

ronhatch
1 hour ago, Pollack Pete said:

Nice looking Flattie.What's it in?Looks like something older than mine judging by the location of the thermostat housings.Mine are more up toward the front of the heads.Looked at your pic again.I see the distributor on the front too.

Pre 1949. I always wanted a Ford Flat V-8. The closest I got was a low milage1951 Ford FH, 95 HP straight 6 that my folks gave me when I turned 16 in 1959. I beat a lot of FH V-8's with it. Most of them were worn out though

• Like 2

richmondred01
1 hour ago, ronhatch said:

Pre 1949. I always wanted a Ford Flat V-8. The closest I got was a low milage1951 Ford FH, 95 HP straight 6 that my folks gave me when I turned 16 in 1959. I beat a lot of FH V-8's with it. Most of them were worn out though

1940 ford. 85 hp A block

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Converting a fully hydraulic (lift and angle) JD dozer/snowblade to fit and work my Kioti CK20 compact vs the manual angle winch lift version I did last year, so dad has a beastly snow pusher in WV.

Screenshot_20171101-092756.png

IMAG2607.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Too many to count lol...gotta get the new garage set up for one...then have a 701 in pieces to get back to...a C141 to get up and running...and a C125 that is slowly getting a facelift. But probably will end up building my engine for the 1277 so I can have my mowing tractor going before summer, and if I get real ambitious I need to split the 2n and overhaul the engine.

• Like 5

richmondred01

Complete tear down and restore Cub Cadet model 73. 1969 Only 7600 made. 4th lowest production IH cadets. 

Its not red but yellow is also good. 

IMG_0753.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
14 minutes ago, richmondred01 said:

Complete tear down and restore Cub Cadet model 73. 1969 Only 7600 made. 4th lowest production IH cadets. 

Its not red but yellow is also good. 

IMG_0753.JPG

Wish I had known this back in the early summer, spotted 1 for sale cheap, thanks for the tip.

Big_Red_Fred
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Wish I had known this back in the early summer, spotted 1 for sale cheap, thanks for the tip.

I missed 1 in June this year, Mint for 400, ok where's that bull rope, taking a swing in the Pines tonite ! ;-( 

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

My project is to sit here and read about the work that you guys with garages are doing and cleaning up leaves.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3