Al C.

Wheel Horse “Generational” Survey

Wheel Horse “Generational Survey”  

89 members have voted

1. 1. I am the original owner of at least one Wheel Horse tractor.

2. 2. I own at least one Wheel Horse tractor that I intend to pass down to my next generation along with history and stories.

Al C.

Had a conversation yesterday with one the Red Square members.  Talking about Favorite Wheel Horses, we remarked about how many of these machines have “generational” history and stories.  So I want to take a poll.  

Edited by Al C.
  • Like 4

barkmtr

I am the owner of my fathers, my grandfathers, and my very first new wheelhorse 308-8

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Al C.

You’re a luck guy.  That’s a lot of history.   Good memories and learnings.  

Edited by Al C.

Al C.

ricksrj58

i am the third generation owner a rj58 and all its original attachments.a lot of good memories with my little horse. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

c-series don

Thanks for starting this, I have several that have ether generational history or the history of the tractor itself. 

• Like 2

Al C.

I always thought I was unusual in my passion for these machines to be a link between my father, me, my sons, and my grand children.  The response to this survey leads me to believe that Wheel Horse is much more than a passing fad.  These machines are going to be around for a long time and probably this RedSquare forum too.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ericj

I have 2 tractors that dad bought, my D200 and a 417-8, I will never sell if I can at all possibly help it, I also have my 99 314-8 that I bought new. I have a 76 C120 that a friend of mine bought new at the dealership he worked for. Curvin semi-retired in 1980. He passed away 6 years ago at the age of 97. he did a lot of work my tractors when I first got into them and before I learned to work on them. I bought the C120 from his daughter after he pass so it is near and dear to me. I also couple of years back bought a one owner 73 12 AUTO that is identical to the first wheel horse dad bought and I grew up beating half to death. Dad traded it in on the 417-8. 

My daughter has already claimed my first wheel horse that I ever bought, a C120 AUTO 

eric j

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Al C.

Our two sons have claims on my two Wheel Horses one of which was my Father’s.  Now our two grand children each want one!

9D6F963F-6D47-42A9-B846-C9A385F7B82C.png

Edited by Al C.
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

I want one too!! Preferably the one on the right!!! 

• Thanks 1

Sarge

I have 4 grandkids - going to need 1 more Horse to cover them all plus my daughter wants a restored one of her own . Then , of course - there is the son in law that already has his own 1056 he picked off the top of the scrap pile for $25 - uses it to mow as he found a like new 48" deck later at the same scrap yard for free - the things people throw away....lol .

Sarge

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
On 11/12/2017 at 5:39 AM, Al C. said:

Our two sons have claims on my two Wheel Horses one of which was my Father’s.  Now our two grand children each want one!

9D6F963F-6D47-42A9-B846-C9A385F7B82C.png

Well—I guess it is time to start Shopping for some more horses!  

:greetings-clappingyellow:

I say that a :wh: is a way better Christmas or birthday present than 95% of the plastic Chinese junk that ends up in the garbage often within months. Those are two nice tractors and even more precious little kids!

In keeping with the thread, my dad has owned his 875 for 42 years now and I’m the heir apparent to that.  It, of course, will find its way eventually to my oldest.  Zach already owns his GT-14 and GhostRider (314-8) will also be passed down if one of the kids wants it someday.  These tractors were made well enough to be generational—how cool is that?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Herder

My son and I where talking last week. I had told him that I had a buyer for one of my old cars, he replied with guess I am going to inherit a bunch of tractors. Yup looks that way.

• Haha 2