Fun Engineer

D-series mid grader blade compatibility

Has anyone been successful mating a D series mid grader blade to a c-series?

Not sure if that could be done , but I do have the older 40" mid-mount blade that would fit if you'd be interested in trading , perhaps ?

That D series mid-blade is pretty big but would probably work one way or another...

Sarge

Thanks Sarge. Just thinking of what my c-160 can handle. I’ve got a 40” on my Commando. 

I think the only real difference would be how much down pressure you can generate - the larger the blade , the more it will lift the rear tires enough to lose traction ability . Unless , of course - you weight the rear a bunch .

Doubt there's any real issue with pulling power , even a little 8hp short frame will move a lot of weight in pulling .

Sarge

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fordnut
      Went and picked up this c101 yesterday from its original owner. It came with a deck snow cab, snow blower, and two sets of tire chains for $350. It was on that offer up site for almost 4 months! 

• By ray loyd
      how hard is to put a bearing in a deck ?and where could i get two .you all have help me before .thanks

• By dmhill
      Good C120 auto w/deck on it, Good C100 8speed with deck on it, running C145 auto with deck on it, running B100 auto (the one I bought from you), running B82 with new seat and two parts decks with new belts and wheels, parts from a C145 (good hydro, bad motor), parts from a B81, 2 usable decks, 4 dozer/snow blades (several sizes, 3 in great condition, 1 non WH rear plow, 1 non WH rear blade, 2 new never mounted frony tires and steering wheel for C145. $1500 for it all. I am keeping my B80.

• By diddy78c
      Last week I was hauling the c-121 back from my daughters softball practice (I used it to drag the diamond) and I made a right hand turn and stopped at the stop sign. As I made the left onto a non busy county road I watched in my right mirror as my horse decided it didn’t want to be trailered any longer. It rolled over 1 completely time and sat on its wheels. Unfortunately it broke some parts and tweaked the hood and deck lower-lift handle. I did manage to put it back on the trailer as a tripod and get it home. Always check your straps and rigging. Found the ratchet failed in my case. And unfortunately i cannot download a picture for this🤨

• By S.J.
      Hello! I have a 1975 C-100 lawn tractor, and it's in pretty decent shape. Only problem is the mower deck is shot. I've been browsing for used decks, but I'm not seeing any of the original part number, s-0622. So I'm wondering, what other decks would be compatible with this model? 

Thanks!