porschpow

Snow plow attachment

porschpow

Hello guys (again),

I have a snow plow attachment. Now before anyone says anything, I will get the model number of it, but it seems to me to be missing some parts. 

It looks as though the shovel has the functionality to go up and down, and it looks like it can rotate on a swivel by a cable.  It looks as though the cable broke apart and I am tying to figure out how it all works. Any help is much appreciated

953 nut

This should get you going in the right direction.

• Like 1

Jerry77

Ok..the "cable" is just a heavy length of wire - or cable - if you prefer - by squeezing on the lever on the upright handle, it pulls a pin out of the front section letting the blade angle, left or right - the 1/2 inch rod at the bottom does the work with the handle.. The drawing shows no. 17 as being the head cylinder or something like that..not a very good description..  :twocents-02cents:

Racinbob

Sometime in the early 2000's they eliminated the triangular pivot plate mounted on the frame. It had one rod going up to the hand lever and one going to the release pin. The later style just had a cable, much like a choke/throttle cable, from the hand lever to the release pin. If you post a picture we could tell you what you have. :)

• Like 1

Tankman
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:08 AM, Jerry77 said:

Ok..the "cable" is just a heavy length of wire - or cable - if you prefer - by squeezing on the lever on the upright handle, it pulls a pin out of the front section letting the blade angle, left or right - the 1/2 inch rod at the bottom does the work with the handle.. The drawing shows no. 17 as being the head cylinder or something like that..not a very good description..  :twocents-02cents:

I used 1/8" rod, purchased at Lowes. Cut and bent as needed, piece of cake.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

BOB ELLISON

1 picture and we can tell you everything about it.

porschpow

Sorry for the long  wait, here it is!

IMG_20171109_161125.jpg

gwest_ca

Click on the fuzzy pictures

Garry

porschpow

thanks so much for the help guys. It looks as though I got my hands full on this project. Looking forward to get cracking on it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• Bill Winn
      By Bill Winn
      For sale. 1981 WH C-175 Kohler twin series 1

1. Tractor has brand new ag tires all the way around, brand new seat, new points and condenser, new rear blade quick attach bracket, lights have been rewired with LEDs, it has a brand new lift cable and bracket,seat pan is from a 410... it's surface rusted but at least it isn't busted up like the oem plastic one, starts and runs but smokes a bit on startup if it's been sitting for months but she runs smooth and strong.

2. Tiller is like new. It had been used only about once when I bought it and now it has been used 4 times more. Tines still have much of the factory paint on them.

3. 42" mower deck works perfectly, 4. snow blade was/ is rough but I repaired it so it is quite functional,

4. Brand new rear grader blade,

5. Wheel Horse brand plow,

6. Wheel Horse brand disc- I added a piece of motorgrader blade for a drag. I also welded a post to the top to hold weights,

7. Wheel Horse brand cultivator,

8. Home built furrower. (Makes good rows)

The original Wheel Horse plow/disc/cultivator originally came as a modular kit and in order to use it the draw bar and clevis hitch had to be swapped back and forth. (big pain) I fabricated draw bars and hitches onto each piece so this is no longer necessary.
      I think this is a fair asking price at $2200 for all.

• Donavon
      By Donavon
      Need ideas to convert my 1054 A Frame plow into a snow blower
      Any idea's?
    • captjack
      By captjack
      Ahoy!  captjack.  I went to Manhattan, Kansas and purchased three Wheel Horses.  Along with the machines were a snow plow and the required items to attach it to a WH.  I also have a set of concrete wheel weights.  The plow appears to be very slightly used. As I am a John Deere AMT collector, I have no idea what a fair price would be.  Could someone let me know and, also, I can deliver them.
      Thanks and stay safe.
      captjack

• WVHillbilly520H
      By WVHillbilly520H
      @WHX24, @PeacemakerJack, @ebinmaine, @JCM, @shallowwatersailor, @pullstart, @Horse Newbie, @elcamino/wheelhorse, @Ed Kennell, and the rest of RS ....

As I have mentioned before I would be getting snow removal tools for my Mahindra eMax 22, the whole package plow, blower and soft cab, I had purchased a Kubota set-up a couple years back with the intentions of modifying it to fit/work with it but after careful consideration decided just to sell it to help pay for the correct set-up built for Mahindra (by Berco in Canada), I ordered it the end of October and its showed at the dealer in PA right before Christmas and I just picked it up Friday, and today got the sub-frame (which both the plow and blower use so you can switch between with ease) assembled and mounting brackets installed on the tractor frame (the only thing I don't like is you have to switch these brackets back and forth between this and the mower deck mounts "not quite WH easy" but after a few times it may not be so bad ), then installed the sub-frame , snow plow and ran the hydraulic lines and plugged into the loader/sector valve. The cab and blower assembly will follow within the next few days/weeks. Pics and a little video of it in operation.

20210110_163214.mp4