pfrederi

Where are your winter Horses??

pfrederi

Mine are still sleeping in the storage shed..heck I am still vacuuming leaves now this....

IMG_2778.JPG

• Like 8

Wishin4a416

In my warm garage. I switched them out last week. The mowing machines are in the sheds.

Tankman

In the barn.

Was in Easton earlier today, drizzle rain. No cold white stuff. :handgestures-thumbupright:

woodchuckfarmer

Got a dusting here today, So I guess I better get ready.     lol     Wayne

gsummers

Mine are sleeping in the sheds where it is dry, plow tractor is staying ready with battery tender hoping it doesn't have to go out in the snow and cold, no, wait, that is me!!!!!

• Like 3

12Horse Paladin

I am currently a country boy who currently resides in the city due to some unforeseen events that came my way these last few yrs, so a Horse for winter would be overkill (though, as it sets, I have a snowthrower-in-waiting for my 312-8...long story, lol).

For now, I have a rusty-but-trusty Airens snowblower that is good-to-go, in wait.

That machine may be as old as me---but that 8hp Tecumseh starts on the 1st pull, every time...my neighbor has a new, shiny, hulking---cantankerous running---fuel injected Ariens...and is envious of me, lol.

Someday soon, if plans workout, i'll have the real-estate for a herd and such.

Until then, my WH hobby is "miniature" scale, compared to others....but I'm having a blast, looking/learning/watching projects:)

• Like 3

r356c

Cat under the birdbath.

Coincidence?  I think not. Fish where the fish are. Smart cat!

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

I need to get mine switched over to their winter clothes this weekend.  Time to remove the deck, clean, and install the blower.  I need to grease the mold board plows and store, pull batteries on all tractors that will be stored, and get things moved around for the long winters nap.  Basically, I haven’t done anything yet but with a dusting of snow in the forecast for tonight, I had better get into action!

• Like 2

Sarge

Still have green leaves on the trees here despite some very cold temps - Mother Nature has been pretty confused in the Midwest this fall . D180 is in pieces at the moment in the larger shed and the 16 Auto has the lawn vac still hooked up to it for now . Hoping to go out today to do a final mow/cleanup - far colder temps the next few days . Not even close to ready for the white stuff yet and it's common to get hammered here out of nowhere in November - gotta roll with it and react as needed . Can't count how many times in the fall I've mowed and only a day or two later I'm pushing snow on unfrozen ground - I hate that .

Sarge

• Like 2

TDF5G

Ain't ready for snow yet.  I used the winter tractor the other day to mash some mole runs with the roller. 

IMG_3016.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Elkskin's mower junkyard

this year theres only really 1 wheel horse on plow duty. dads 502 has been retired from all work since his passing. the only wheel horse on plow duty of his is the 753. my 701 has midmount grader i have no idea how well that will work in the snow. my main plow machine is a sears.

Cvans

In the old hangar waiting for their turn in the shop for upgrades.

Searcher60

Hey, where do you guys buy your tire chains for your Horses?

953 nut
2 hours ago, Searcher60 said:

Hey, where do you guys buy your tire chains for your Horses?

Flea markets in the spring and summer have the best prices.

ronhatch

I just install the plow, weights and chains on the 867 last week. It's in the garage ready to go. My C101 and AC B10 are hibernating in the shed, but my 4016 Case with the vac is still on duty because only about 25% of the leaves have fallen.

Pullstart
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Chris G said:

Here's mine. 1961 701 with a 6-2211 snowblower. Just got to put the weights and chains on. Then a 1960 Suburban 400 with a reversible snow blade from a 1948 Wards walk behind tractor. Customized to fit the suburban.

20171109_144125.jpg

20171109_144144.jpg

More on that reversible plow please?  That's pretty sweet!

In response to the question, I have a story.  My brother in law is in high school football on the JV team for a small town nearby.  The team is so small, there are two kids on the sideline at any given time.  Offense is defense is kick off is kick return.  Basically a couple kids from the line get a break.  They get beat bad.  One of the kick offs, or a punt... the announcer says "there's a nice kick from Special Teams".  I say "it's the only team."  

Long story short... some people's "team" of horses gets to play a few different positions.  It sure would be nice to find a few, not have to swap implements but for play or show...

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

I think I'm ready the cab and deuce don't come off the anniversary since getting the the low hour '95, Jeff.

VIDEO0001.mp4

• Like 1

muz123

Im ready. Got the 88 518H with the single stage tall chute. The 89 520H with the dual stage. Then got the 93 520 with the plow. Just need chains on! 

04C465EB-5427-4FFD-9B74-90E310A85882.jpeg.f5ba4b069e84285d0bf496a24ff87d6a.jpegFFBA20D5-17AA-4FF1-8CD7-91CB82B567C8.jpeg.177743962c0a251c9170ddb3f1f2d9df.jpegAF498986-BC06-4CAA-BA4A-730B5E2CCD07.jpeg.53a2e88beabcfe690f8e7080331ef351.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

R. L. Addison

I have two sets of chains, both for 23 x 8.50 x 12 For sale if you are anywhere close, or could ship. Twenty five dollars per set.

artfull dodger

Mine is in the garage in her winter cloths with the battery tender on her so she is ready when and if it decides to snow in Indiana.  We got basicly nothing last winter, so this year will probably be rough.   Need to change the oil in the diesel engine still, been busy with work and family stuff.        Mike the Aspie. 

Resized_20171103_113807.jpg

• Like 4

ebinmaine

We have three non-WH walk behind snowblowers, 2 snow shovels, and 2 crazy people that enjoy being outside doing yard work. My B80 is slated for disassembly and repaint this winter.

• Like 2

953 nut
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

2 snow shovels, and 2 crazy people that enjoy being outside doing yard work.

Do you and your Honey have a good window seat to watch from?    :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

boovuc

My 520 with the FEL is now residing in Brookville Pa and was replaced by one of those orange "K" thingies with a Johnny Products hydraulic snow plow. :rolleyes:

However, nothing will ever replace this guy and it's always wearing it's winter ready apparel. It gets about 2 hours a year on it plus maintenance starts and attention.

It's hard but I have been able to trim and keep my nice looking and great running WH tractors at 4 total for a year now. (plus 2 in need of love or a new home). I'm a recovering WH addict but it's tough to say no to some of these tractors that come up around here! :D

C-175_Blower.JPG

• Like 3

artfull dodger

My rubber link "Chains" came from the JD dealership in Swazee, IN.  You can find them on Amazon, ebay ect.  They dont leave scratches in concrete or dig into asphalt drives when you slip out.  Both my drive and my neighbors are on a decent inline and sometimes with the blade up and trying to back up the hill, if I am a bit to quick off the clutch, the Horse will spin out.  Not a problem since going to this style of "chain".  Need to fire up the horse today, been a good month and a half since I fired him up.  Just been pushing it around the garage when I need to work where he sits.      Mike the Aspie

• Like 1