Lane Ranger

Easy Chrome - Rechroming Product ! Has anyone on Red Square Used this??

Lane Ranger

Read up on this product and wonder if anyone on Red Square has used this yet?   Not cheap but sounds intersting.   May be a way to rechrome old hubcaps!

EASY CHROME

Product Info

The biggest thing that’s happened to custom paint!

This is it. Defying the Undefyable.

Fix your chrome with just a can of Easy Chrome in the trunk. As easy as that!

Pure silver. Mirror. We GUARANTEE CHROME!

THE HOLY GRAIL OF CHROME

EASY CHROME’s shine is near equal to our silver nitrate system. It’s the same level of gloss as real chrome. So it can repair chrome as well.

The same shine as our Chroming machines but in a simple spray!

·         It will not dull out after topcoat (top coat is optional; this stuff is pretty tough without it)

·         This will not fade for many years. 10 year warranty.

·         Basecoat 70% solids. It is like Glass! Same for topcoat.

·         Pretty crazy and durable without top coat. (Wheels will need topcoat)

·         Shines like real chrome!

·         So easy to use!

https://alsacorp.com/easy-chrome/

Application Guide

Pre-Application:

To begin the Easy Chrome Spray process, your part must be prepped and ready for application. Preparation includes: Sanding, Buffing and Priming. Primer can be any automotive grade primer.

Applying Easy Chrome BLACK BASECOAT:

When your part is ready for application you will begin with the Easy Chrome BLACK BASECOAT at an approximate distance of 8” away from surface. Spraying 2 medium coats until you part is fully covered.

*****Basecoat MUST be HIGH GLOSS/MIRROR Finish

Allow whole day/overnight Air Dry Time at approximate temperature of 70°F

Continue with the Easy Chrome CLEARCOAT at an approximate distance of 8” away from surface. Spraying 2 medium coats until your part is fully covered.

Allow 3hrs Air Dry Time at approximate temperature of 70°F

*****For best results Allow Clearcoat to Air Dry Overnight

Applying Easy Chrome:

After your part has fully dried, continue to apply Easy CHROME at an approximate distance of 8” away from surface. Lightly Dust on 1 coat of Easy CHROME, wait 30sec. until you see chrome. Continue to Lightly Dust on 1 more coat of Easy CHROME until your part is fully covered.

***** DO NOT OVER APPLY EASY CHROME AS THIS WILL RESULT IN DULL FINISH

Allow 1hr Air Dry Time at approximate temperature of 70°F

After Easy Chrome has dried, LIGHTLY polish surface using the INLCLUDED Polish Cloth in your kit to remove excess dust.

Applying EASY CHROME CLEARCOAT:

Continue with your Easy Chrome CLEARCOAT at an approximate distance of 8” away from surface. Spray 1 LIGHT coat of Easy Chrome CLEARCOATuntil your part is fully covered.

Allow 30min Air Dry Time at approximate temperature of 70°F

If steps are followed properly, you should have successfully completed your application. This Kit will go a long way with coverage of 30 sq. ft.

**** For Technical Support Call 323-515-1100 or Email info@alsa-refinish.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Racinbob

Wow! That's some cool stuff Lane. I've tried about every chrome 'paint' there is but it's all just silver. But ouch! That's some pricey stuff. :)

• Like 2

953 nut
49 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Not cheap

I think it would be better to send the hubcaps off to the chrome shop. I'm always skeptical about chrome in a can products. For $ 20 I would take a chance, but for $ 200 there is no way.

• Like 3

JimmyJam
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I think it would be better to send the hubcaps off to the chrome shop. I'm always skeptical about chrome in a can products. For $ 20 I would take a chance, but for $ 200 there is no way.

Has anyone gone to have things powder-coated. I visited a local tire distributor recently and they were offering chrome powder-coat (among other colors as well). They said they do a lot of trucker's rims. The guy before me was picking up some motorcycle parts done in chrome. They looked awesome. When I asked for pricing of small hubcaps. They replied that I had to bring them in for estimate. I haven't been back in that area, well I also keep forgetting to put the hubcaps in my car. Just curious!!!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

I had these done in an "aluminum" to chrome powder coating at $80, then did the embossing with paint markers, Jeff.

IMAG2844.jpg

IMAG2871.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

Duramax7man7

I saw a vide just the other day on YT where someone painted with a brush onto some sort of rock or something and it went chrome right in the sun int he video. Crazy stuff. it can even be peeled off. 

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Double post sorry. 

Edited by Mastiffman

fast88pu
23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

It sounds like a lot of money but a gallon set up of good automotive clear is $200+. So it's right in the ball park of automotive paint. 

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, fast88pu said:

It sounds like a lot of money but a gallon set up of good automotive clear is $200+. So it's right in the ball park of automotive paint. 

This is what you are getting for $ 200.

brush-on-chrome.jpg

brush-on-chrome.jpg

woodchuckfarmer

Doesn't look like your getting much for 200 bucks.        Wayne

• Haha 1