WVHillbilly520H

What model be this horse?

WVHillbilly520H

I spotted this little horse, and since I don't the older models like I know the B,C,3,4,500 series and wondering what it is the current owner doesn't really know either (other than not the original engine and deck) maybe I'll snag it and make a "rat rod" out of it, thanks Jeff.

Screenshot_20171106-204725.png

ericj

did you check the dash tower for the ID tag ??? if the price is right buy it and worry what is later

eric j

• Like 3

953 nut

It looks like a 19?? FrankenHorse.     :ychain:       Could have started life as an 855 or there about. 

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, ericj said:

did you check the dash tower for the ID tag ??? if the price is right buy it and worry what is later

eric j

Haven't actually physically seen it, just the pics comes with a snow plow too.

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

It looks like a 19?? FrankenHorse.     :ychain:       Could have started life as an 855 or there about. 

:text-yeahthat:I think so also. No running boards.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

OK made it out to physically check this :wh: out, I believe it to be a 656? "T656 175169" on ID plate, mower deck isn't correct ,missing belt guard, repaclement engine, plastic fuel tank, 2 extra pairs of rear wheels and tires 1 with chains, and a snow plow, best he would do was $200 firm...here's a couple pics from today, I'm still on the fence about buying it, would like a little more  info/help with what it is/should be, Jeff. 

IMAG3722.jpg

IMAG3723.jpg

IMAG3724.jpg

IMAG3725.jpg

• Confused 1

953 nut

Guess it was re-powered with a transplant from a Cub. No belt cover, no foot rest peg, no clutch for the mower. Not too much going for it as a worker, but could be parted out if the engine and transaxle are good.

WVHillbilly520H

Thanks but I believe the engine came from a Simplicity, the pics don't show it but more of an orange(original looking paint) than red and definitely not yellow (been around the old cubs most of my early life), and the foot rest/pegs are still there, and if was a 656 what was the original engine/HP?

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Click on the picture

Garry

• Thanks 1

953 nut

The 656 had a Tecumseh HH60-105013A

• Thanks 1