DennisThornton

711219 Mid-mount grader blade

DennisThornton

Finally!  For years! I hoped to find a mid-mount grader blade without having to pay $300 AND drive all day! $130 and less than an hour round trip I have one in pretty good shape!  Happy day! It's different than what I expected though.  Frame is more like a cut off dozer blade.  I'll add a picture if can figure out how O  my phone.  #711219 escapes me.  Garry! I need you!  Rear mount at the axle.  Angle control looks odd. No means from the seat. 

Crap.  Don't know how to add pictures from this phone.  Craig will harass me I suppose... When I get to my computer Craig! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

gwest_ca

The 9 makes it a 1974 model. You may need to make some modifications. Click on the picture.

Garry

• Like 1

DennisThornton
8 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

The 9 makes it a 1974 model. You may need to make some modifications. Click on the picture.

Garry

I wondered if it might be a "D" series! 

Garry, I hope they pay you well here! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

Dennis, of all people you know that WE NEED PICTURES!!!! 

• Haha 1

DennisThornton
13 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Dennis, of all people you know that WE NEED PICTURES!!!! 

I know! I know! I know! 

But not on this phone... 

I just don't know!  How! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

R. L. Addison

I thought I was rowing that boat alone!

• Sad 1

squonk

Find a teenager! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WVHillbilly520H

Dennis try this if it's Android if iPhone I can't really say but should be similar, just like the desk top go to choose files, then choose documents then images, at least that's how mine works, Jeff.

Screenshot_20171107-060330.png

Screenshot_20171107-060340.png

• Like 1

953 nut

My phone won't take pictures!

5a01a85c5c868_seniorscellphone.jpg.bcc951057836a27f8ea15a758165089d.jpg

• Haha 6

DennisThornton
13 hours ago, squonk said:

Find a teenager! :)

I know more about computers than all three combined but they might know phones better than I.  But I doubt it... 

Not completely intuitive to me but here.  Not sure where that creature came from...  Killed it before the fourth upload which just replaced the failed upload.

The angle adjustment looks altered, nicely but altered.

Will it fit a Classic? Or should I trade it?  Or would it justify buying a "D"?  Yeah!  Maybe that! 

TMPDOODLE1510097590572.jpg

TMPDOODLE1510097623000.jpg

20171105_142258.jpg

12 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Dennis try this if it's Android if iPhone I can't really say but should be similar, just like the desk top go to choose files, then choose documents then images, at least that's how mine works, Jeff.

Screenshot_20171107-060330.png

Screenshot_20171107-060340.png

So a hillbilly from WV shows me how.  Oh the shame...  Thanks buddy! 

19 hours ago, R. L. Addison said:

I thought I was rowing that boat alone!

I might still be paddling if you mean finding a blade for my tractors but with some help I'm uploading pictures from my Android now! 

• Thanks 1

c-series don

That's definitely for a D series tractor. I wonder by the time you angle it how much wider it is then the tractor? On a C series it's a few inches wider on each end at angle. Even with 23x10.50-12s I will say that they do work well with front and rear wheel weights. As an equipment operator for a living and running a road grader from time to time (I used to operate one full time) I must say that the mid-mount grader blade is a fun attachment to use!!! 

• Excellent 2

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

That's definitely for a D series tractor. I wonder by the time you angle it how much wider it is then the tractor? On a C series it's a few inches wider on each end at angle. Even with 23x10.50-12s I will say that they do work well with front and rear wheel weights. As an equipment operator for a living and running a road grader from time to time (I used to operate one full time) I must say that the mid-mount grader blade is a fun attachment to use!!! 

Perhaps? Someone made a very similar comment long ago so I began my quest for....

So I suspect you are to blame... 

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

I know more about computers than all three combined but they might know phones better than I.  But I doubt it... 

Not completely intuitive to me but here.  Not sure where that creature came from...  Killed it before the fourth upload which just replaced the failed upload.

The angle adjustment looks altered, nicely but altered.

Will it fit a Classic? Or should I trade it?  Or would it justify buying a "D"?  Yeah!  Maybe that! imageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9bimageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9b

TMPDOODLE1510097590572.jpg

TMPDOODLE1510097623000.jpg

20171105_142258.jpg

So a hillbilly from WV shows me how.  Oh the shame...  Thanks buddy! 

I might still be paddling if you mean finding a blade for my tractors but with some help I'm uploading pictures from my Android now! 

It's all good, ain't that what RS is for, helping out our fellow :wh:men! 

• Thanks 1

c-series don

It could totally be me that started you on this quest for a grader blade. I'm definitely not the guy that said to sell one. I'm pretty much in the buying/ collecting mode for the past 30 years. The selling mode will probably be my wife's delema 😂😂

• Haha 1

DennisThornton

Any thoughts on whether to mount this on a Classic or XI?  Or trade?  Obviously mine is missing the angle adjustment lever, but I'm sure I can fab something.  

Anybody mount a "D" blade on a Classic?

Sarge

I'd check the height of that blade first against any tractor you want to mount it to - might be too tall for any clearance to lift it off the ground .

Sarge

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton

Anyone care to measure the height of a mid-mount blade for me? 

gwest_ca

Added 5xi grader blade measurements to this page. The only difference between this one and the one to fit the long frame tractors (C-Series except C-195 and 300, 400 and 500-Series) is the length of the rear frame and location of the rear crossbar. To bad you couldn't find someone to swap with that has what you need.

Garry

DennisThornton

Certainly it would be nice to swap and have two happy campers. 

I very much hesitate to permanently alter a collectible.

I've always wanted a "D" but other than this blade I really don't need a "D". 

As always Garry, thank you!