12 hp Kohler

Which horse is your favorite

whfan74
On 11/15/2017 at 2:27 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

@whfan74 did you start a thread of that restoration on the forum? If so, I want to check it out...

If I did for some reason I can't find it. It is sure a time that I will never forget. 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Here you go Scott. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred
On 11/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes:  Nice :wh: line up BRF...

wonder...is Farmer Alex a member here too?  :scratchead:

My Son Farmer Alex gave me News Today, he gets Deployed in April 2018 to Africa, I'm not too happy with Govt choice of places with the Plague going on, He said he hopes he can make the Big Show. I feel as if i swallowed a orange, Not having a good day now, Sorry Guys

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

12 hp Kohler
5 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

My Son Farmer Alex gave me News Today, he gets Deployed in April 2018 to Africa, I'm not too happy with Govt choice of places with the Plague going on, He said he hopes he can make the Big Show. I feel as if i swallowed a orange, Not having a good day now, Sorry Guys

Sorry to here:(, hopefully all turns out well, and hopefully you and and farmer Alex  can make it to the big show next year. I’m already looking forwards to it;)

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 11/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Ed Kennell said:

Guess I'm partial to the C series.

IMG_1538.JPG.38c6de840d532234af506fd272903123.JPG5a00ff7c188c5_IMG_1881(640x480).jpg.9cf7d64446d34c7c5f6e7f8140c22168.jpgIMG_1534.thumb.JPG.0c5e5c2c6a017fab78cd153097dbbdf5.JPG

Hey Ed,

second pic here, does that pipe have any baffle in it?

• Like 3

peter lena

agree with the C series , bought my C-85 NEW IN 82 , did a magnum 12 change over this past year , and other up grades , still love it , my favorite of my 3  horses, pete

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

Hey Ed,

second pic here, does that pipe have any baffle in it?

No baffles in the 10 or the 16 or the or this 14.  They don't work, they just make noise.

IMG_7081.JPG.5973f2c8803b22e9adcd1cd8b195a4c7.JPG

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

12 hp Kohler

Forgot I made this thread. It’s been a couple years. Thanks for reviving it @pullstart

Edited by 12 hp Kohler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell

Good to hear from you Robbie.   Happy New Year to you and please pass my good wishes to your Mother and Grandfather.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

pfrederi
51 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

Forgot I made this thread. It’s been a couple years. Thanks for reviving it @pullstart

Robbie : How is your GT-14 doing???

• Like 1

tom2p
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

No baffles in the 10 or the 16 or the or this 14.  They don't work, they just make noise.

IMG_7081.JPG.5973f2c8803b22e9adcd1cd8b195a4c7.JPG

more pics please - this one is extra cool ! 

• Like 1

12 hp Kohler
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Good to hear from you Robbie.   Happy New Year to you and please pass my good wishes to your Mother and Grandfather.

Thank you! Happy new year to you too. 
I have been on here reading some but haven’t commented or posted anything for sometime. Hopefully I can start posting some more and being more active here soon. Lots of great people and information I have been missing out on. 

2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Robbie : How is your GT-14 doing???

I have worked on it a little bit but not to much. Fuel pump went out and I haven’t had a chance to take the fuel tank back off to replace it. It’s packed away in the barn right now but I hope to get it out and running here before spring rolls around. 
Had a chance to work on your gt14 at all yet ? 

• Like 1

pfrederi
11 hours ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

Thank you! Happy new year to you too. 
I have been on here reading some but haven’t commented or posted anything for sometime. Hopefully I can start posting some more and being more active here soon. Lots of great people and information I have been missing out on. 

I have worked on it a little bit but not to much. Fuel pump went out and I haven’t had a chance to take the fuel tank back off to replace it. It’s packed away in the barn right now but I hope to get it out and running here before spring rolls around. 
Had a chance to work on your gt14 at all yet ? 

Finally have.  pulled the front end/tank put in a new fuel pump and cleaned the carb.  Have to correctly route the throttle cable then will set up a temp fuel supply and run some tests...

• Excellent 1

oliver2-44

My favorites are the RED ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ed Kennell
17 hours ago, tom2p said:

more pics please - this one is extra cool ! 

IMG_7084.JPG.ef7de90cd822e4a61012c967203e449a.JPG

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Finally have.  pulled the front end/tank put in a new fuel pump and cleaned the carb.  Have to correctly route the throttle cable then will set up a temp fuel supply and run some tests...

Anything with the carb or fuel pump is a pain on the gt14s because you have to take the whole front end off to access any of it.

I need to get a throttle cable for mine. Thinking about putting a gas peddle/foot throttle setup on it, really not a big fan of the push pull throttle cables. Also have to get a new choke cable, mine is not long enough so it is hooked up backwards. 

19richie66
56 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

Anything with the carb or fuel pump is a pain on the gt14s because you have to take the whole front end off to access any of it.

I need to get a throttle cable for mine. Thinking about putting a gas peddle/foot throttle setup on it, really not a big fan of the push pull throttle cables. Also have to get a new choke cable, mine is not long enough so it is hooked up backwards. 

No more pull cables :handgestures-thumbupright:

3B4F8E98-3FF4-4DC8-A8E4-29C80E11C588.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

carb or fuel pump is a pain on the gt14s because you have to take the whole front end off to access any of it.

:twocents-02cents:        You can also unbolt the engine and belt cover and turn the engine to one side or the other.

• Like 1

JCM

For simplicity reasons, fuel economy and for never letting me down 89   312-8   Still love the 8  speeds

P1012400.JPG

P1012401.JPG

P1012402.JPG

P1012403.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1