Vincez

Wheel Horse Servicing

I live in Connecticut and would like to find someone who can service my 1989 Wheel Horse 310-8 tractor?  Basically, I want someone to go through the machine, clean  or rebuild the carburetor, fix a disable switch, and keep it running for another 20 years.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might find such a person or shop?  The local Toro distributor is way too expensive for the work he does...

Check with your local equipment rental stores to see who they use. They may have some good people to use.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vincez said:

I live in Connecticut and would like to find someone who can service my 1989 Wheel Horse 310-8 tractor?  Basically, I want someone to go through the machine, clean  or rebuild the carburetor, fix a disable switch, and keep it running for another 20 years.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might find such a person or shop?  The local Toro distributor is way too expensive for the work he does...

There is a guy up here in Boylston , Ma that works on all the older stuff. PM me and Ill get you his number.

3 minutes ago, BaySide1 said:

There is a guy up here in Boylston , Ma that works on all the older stuff. PM me and Ill get you his number.

*** I thought Trumbell was closer. Your by Bridgeport. That's 4 hours round trip.

Edited by BaySide1
spelling

If I were closer I would gladly help you out. Unfortunately the ferry ride would cost you more than the service!! 

Snow White in Southington is a first class operation

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bmiller0457
      I have a 1976 D250 that is a parts tractor.
      Let me know what you need and I'll see if it is still available.
      Thanks

• By Marco
      I was getting my riding mower ready for another season, changed the oil, filter, and I tilted the mower on it’s side to change the blades, just as I do year after year (my tractor is about 12 years old!) so once I was done and I got the mower back I found this piece laying on the ground. I have carefully examined the deck and I can’t seem to find where this would go. I tried checking the manual and a couple websites to see if I could identify the piece and no luck, anyone know where this goes? Thank you in advance!

• By repairman
      Does anyone have some good pictures of this part #113097 idler arm ?

• By Mastiffman
      Being that there isn't any type of seller shoutout or seller recognition board, I wanted to mention it still.

Thanks to: (In no particular order)
      - Lincoln at A-Ztractors (odds and ends parts and all around nice guy!)
      - Kelly Holister (WH enthusiast and used parts seller here in Michigan)
      - Lowell the Wheelhorseman1000 (great hitch and WH info)
      - Carl in Swonton, OH. (not on the internet as he is one of those elderly types that does just fine without it. Super nice guy and used parts seller)
      And Last but not least
      - Paul (aka: oldredrider) for sending me a very nice Rock Shaft and installation parts for a great price!

You all have helped me get my tractors running and refurbished to use and soon restore. Without people like you all this great hobby would vanish along with these tractors that we all like and use.
    • By Sandman330
      Hi, I am new to the Wheel Horse "family" and in need of parts dealer . I have a leaking fuel tank on my 520-H. I have found a couple on ebay but that makes me nervous. Would like to find a goods parts place I can trust. Also does anyone here know where I can find a manual for a 520-H. I have soooo many Questions lol.