fordnut

Picked up a new horse hauler/project truck

12Horse Paladin

I am not a Ford man, m'self---though I did own a 4x4 '79 F150 for a short time and long ago, now, back when I worked in the woods---but I like all that old iron, and that is nice to look @, too. I hope it treats you well. Actually...I can kinda see a wood floor in that bed, and Wheel Horse Red---ie, IH Red---on that sheetmetal,

Yeah, I DO like.

This...coming from a dyed-in-the-wool Chevy (70-72 especially!) guy. lol.

• Like 1

Digger 66

I'm a GM guy too but I'm with 12Horse ^^^

Looks like a cool project .

Those 70's Fords were the only ones with any style to speak of .

My boss has a '17 4 door 1 ton and he thinks it's the greatest show on earth .

I think it looks like a cracker box with wheels .

Don't get me wrong , it's probably one helluva tough truck , but it just has no CLASS .

Good luck and keep the pics coming ......

-Gene

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jerry77
4 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

I'm a GM guy too

I had a 78 chev heavy half 4x4 scotsdale with 350 and 4 speed on the floor - 3 plus granny gear - ( factory ) that I wish I still had instead of my modern chev 4x4....too much hindsight  I guess, but......:(

• Like 1

Sarge

There is a huge resurgence in the older truck market - countless old iron pickups are being restored and bringing some serious cash prices too . I agree - the modern trucks are nice but just don't have any character and are quickly headed to the cookie-cutter look , agree how they lack real Class . The Chevy C-series and some of the early '70's Fords own the best prices right now - crazy how much money they bring which can easily triple their original cost back when they were built .

I really want to find an old Dodge Power Wagon , somewhere around a '58 and put the modern driveline/frame under it . Several have been done in both gas and diesel versions - best of both worlds . Best one I've seen was a Pipeliner that has a '58 long bed - he stretched the cab into an extended cab configuration and used the older Cummins diesel with a 6spd manual and the heavy 3/4 ton chassis , you cannot tell how he did the sheet metal work - it's that good . Truck will get around 25mpg on the Interstate hauling his equipment and the old bullet nose short hood Lincoln he's restored . Can't believe he runs that thing down the right of way on Pipeline jobs - it's a beautiful truck just shy of show quality and it's not afraid to do the work . Says he can't stop grinning driving it down the road and the attention it brings - I know what that's like driving my old vintage Land Cruiser FJ40 .

Sarge

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Nice looking old Ford truck...those 70s models were some nice looking trucks...the 61-66 models have always been my favorites for looks...and the 80-86 have always been my choice for a work truck...in my opinion all Ford trucks looked good up until 87. Here is my daily driver 81 F250 with the 400 and C6 (or I guess I should say my girlfriends truck, she drives it way more than I do lol), and my project Horse hauler a 66 F350 with the 352 and 4 speed with just over 100k original miles

20171103_155900.jpg

FB_IMG_1510076458437.jpg

T-Mo

I like all the old trucks, especially the late 50s, 60s, and 70s trucks, any brand will do.  I would love to find a 60s IH truck, but any truck from that era would do. It's funny how the square body 80s Chevys are now in vogue and are bringing much higher prices than I think they're worth.  Ford and Dodge from that era, haven't caught on as much as the GM trucks, but I'm sure they will, soon.

whfan74

They do seem to be getting more interest.  Dad picked up this 55 and had it shipped from Tampa this summer.  He also picked up this 88 Ranger as his daily.  His 2011 Chevy Silverado is parked in the garage!  Lol!

image.jpeg.812fcf77bbcbc1eb211fc52ddc48d705.jpeg

image.jpg.d5bf48fe6c6ae1823b67bbf87f118534.jpg