Spareparts

Barn Find C-121

Spareparts

Found a C-121 while looking for another puller project, but this one is a true Barn Find. Got it from the original owner, other from paint wear it is

complete with all the decals in tact and in great readable condition (looks like new), the deck has no ruct, no rust on any of the metal, The choke and throttle still has the lettering

on then. The seat has been replaced with a dealer replacement with no logo on it. The original seal had the dealer logo on it, but it was discarded about 2 weeks ago.

The only body damage is a small dent on the grill opening. Still has 3 of the original tires on it and not weather checked or worn very much, always stored inside the barn.

The 12 hp Kohler hasn't run for 4 yrs. but is free, the reason they parked it, the outboard bearing on the PTO clutch seized. I want to paint it but the decals are in such good condition

I hate to disturb them. It is a well maintained Survivor and I think just wipe it down with a scochbrite pad and clear cote it. The original owner bought it new in 1981

and used it until the PTO gave out, then his kids got him a zero turn, I bought it from him, 

C-121   8 Speed

91-2K802-25294

Mod K301AS

Spec 47648d

Serial 9701798

12 HP

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ACman
3 minutes ago, Spareparts said:

I want to paint it but the decals are in such good condition I hate to disturb them.

It is a well maintained Survivor and I think just wipe it down with a scochbrite pad and clear cote it. The original owner bought it new in 1981

First off :wwp:

They’re only original once. My :twocents-02cents: no paint just buff and wax and you’ll be amazed. My all original 1057 had a quick wet sand by @stevebo with 2000 or 3000 grit (Steve will have to tell ya what he used) then a buff and wax . It turned out beautiful. Yes there’s some chipping on the grill where I had a dent hammered out but it’s all part of the tractor’s 50yrs history . 

• Like 5

c-series don

Seriously, we need pictures....

• Like 4

953 nut

:text-worthless:                        :wwp:

• Like 3

jay bee
16 hours ago, Spareparts said:

The original owner bought it new in 1981

and used it until the PTO gave out, then his kids got him a zero turn, I bought it from him, 

C-121   8 Speed

91-2K802

Nice find.  I have one just like it.  

Model #91-12K802 makes it a 1979 model.

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat::wwp:

Starting in 1980 they became a C-125 until the 300, 400 & 500 series. He very likely bought it new in 1981 though. I bought my new 1976 in January of 1978 right off Chandlers sales floor. :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Just like it was '78 all over again.  :text-woo:

408ae0ca3fe64d2b1ff706dc83d20465--jeep.jpg.1d867d2e414fb5e4c2364e600a85ef12.jpg

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Sounds like a good find!!   PICTURES.....

Spareparts

I plan on getting pictures, especially the decals, just to show the great condition they are in. I will have to get my son

over to load them and teach me how. It is still loaded on my truck, but covered with a quilt and 2 tarps to keep the weather off

of it. Today is getting the shop cleaned up so it will get a new home, then as was suggested fine sanding and wax instead of clear cote.

Enough for now time to get to work, thanks for the feedback'

• Like 4

jay bee
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, Spareparts said:

I will have to get my son

over to load them and teach me how.

Man, I'm glad someone else lives the same life I do.  I thought I was all alone!!!  :ROTF:

• Haha 2

Spareparts

Well finally got it unwrapped and unloaded onto my smaller trailer and backed it down to my shop, first thing first see if it will turn over and maybe start

Got a battery and open the hood, well their was a nice molded plastic tray for the battery, never seen one before, had a hose going down to just above the deck

The more I look at this machine the more impressed I am with the care the PO has taken with it. Changed the oil, made sure the gas was getting to the pump,

Pulled the plug and cleaned it, Both the throttle and choke are stiff so I unhooked them and operated by hand, the key switch has power   to the coil but no crank.

Put the aux. start button on and the starter just spins, pulled it and oiled the bendix, worked fine. Put a little gas in a spray bottle with a little  2 cycle oil in it

the thing started right up and ran real quiet, but it is not getting any gas to keep running. Time to pull the pump and carb and clean it up and check the pump. I

plan on putting it in the shed and getting my shop cleaned up and my project truck finished up. But you all know when a new toy arrives it is to tempting  not to play with it.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher

Spareparts  These cable lubbers work real well for stuck frozen hard to move cables and they are cheap. I have had one for years. works every time in minutes.

power luber.jpg

• Like 1

c-series don

Spareparts we really need pictures of this tractor. It's killing me that I can't see it!! Those 78-79 C-series are my favorite. Pleeeaaassseee !!!! 

• Like 1

Spareparts

Retired you are absolutely correct $10.18 and available at Walmart Thank you so much. 

I didn't want to try lubing mine because the ledgens on mine is really good, now to Walmart.

• Like 1