Mjhinno

Barn find-520H

AMC RULES

3wWPpLgxKd_I_fqSiUu5TdPmlxVoHhCChUUNS2sFhI3GsjpsIdxPl0bKGNVPcur2Y16_mRkBQO5gc8xAZocLitRMeyoMFxm3llYl753Ld3XXVD59tDDg-X9s9-Um-qrmQlyHDM4s7Q=w1276-h957-no

:rolleyes:  Nice :wh: score there.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

:WRS:

welcomewagon.gif.bf8965e739bad158c9565d641720c150.gif59fe42bbbb06d_hdr-logo-100b(1).png.775e6026b6b737e9353085213a813bd5.png

• Like 2

gwest_ca

The 4 numbers stamped on the last line of the ID decal 9235?

Garry

• Like 1

Mjhinno

Yes Sir-9235.

And thank you for the downloads!

Edited by Mjhinno

Achto

:WRS:Great looking tractor:handgestures-thumbupright: Careful, :wh: are know to multiply. Before you know it you'll have a barn full:)

Edited by Achto

KC9KAS

gwest_ca

Thank you.

Not the best parts list but all we have

Another handy one when the need arises

When you use the model number to search for more info understanding the O's, o's and 0's helps.

41-20OE01

20=engine horse power

O=Onan engine

E=Eaton hydro transmission

01=numbers=parts list identifier

Garry

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Cee245
1 hour ago, Mjhinno said:

Guesses on what number a great deal would be on these?

Are you asking how much would be a good deal for your package you got?

Mjhinno

Yes I was asking what would be considered a good deal. I bought it at $1,100.

I have original operators manual part# 810619R1 with a pretty good wiring diagram at the end. Would it be helpful if I scan it and PM it to one of the moderators in PDF for them to publish?

Ha--never mind! Just had the chance to download the one gwest_ca sent me and it's the same

Edited by Mjhinno

WVHillbilly520H

Around here you might get locked up for horse "stealing", and by that I mean you got a great deal for the package, the DR itself is still probably a grand alone then the :wh:... Good luck and enjoy your new found toys ,Jeff.

• Like 1

Mjhinno
2 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Thank you.

Not the best parts list but all we have

Another handy one when the need arises

When you use the model number to search for more info understanding the O's, o's and 0's helps.

41-20OE01

20=engine horse power

O=Onan engine

E=Eaton hydro transmission

01=numbers=parts list identifier

Garry

Thanks very much Garry. Know if ring gears are still available for this motor? Have not pulled it yet, but grinds like all getout when starting

• Like 1

Cee245

At 1100? That is a really good deal around here too. Someone wants 4k for a 97 520h with only the deck which is imo WAY TO HIGH.

C

Mjhinno

Can anyone point me in the direction of a ring gear for this buggy? Haven't opened it up yet, but starter grinds like metal recycler

ericj
1 hour ago, Mjhinno said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a ring gear for this buggy? Haven't opened it up yet, but starter grinds like metal recycler

you can buy just a ring gear and replace it on the flywheel, I have found 2 of the onans I have that someone apparently didn't tighten the starter up and broke the boss on the block where the starter mounts, causing the starter to move and chew up the ring gear and starter drive gear. Something you may want to check. At this point I haven't had either block repaired yet, A little short on $$$$ to have fixed. A friend says he knows where I might be able to get fixed, hopefully get then repaired soon. good luck

p.s. check onan parts.com or boomer's influence for the parts you need

eric j

Mjhinno

Hey Eric. Yes thanks I will check that. Starter has been replaced by previous owner and I saw that the solenoid was loose, one bolt of improper size holding it on cockeyed. I removed it, emoried  the bore, and found two metric bolts to attach it. Starter seemed tight but I did not specifically check 

Edited by Mjhinno

Mjhinno

Has anyone found an aftermarket bagger that attaches and works reasonably well for this model?

Mjhinno
On 11/6/2017 at 7:48 PM, ericj said:

you can buy just a ring gear and replace it on the flywheel, I have found 2 of the onans I have that someone apparently didn't tighten the starter up and broke the boss on the block where the starter mounts, causing the starter to move and chew up the ring gear and starter drive gear. Something you may want to check. At this point I haven't had either block repaired yet, A little short on $$$$ to have fixed. A friend says he knows where I might be able to get fixed, hopefully get then repaired soon. good luck

p.s. check onan parts.com or boomer's influence for the parts you need

eric j

So, just rereading this old post and a busted mounting boss was exactly the problem! I JB Welded it together and then drilled a hole in the base mount plate and ran a jack bolt up against the starter right at that boss to support it. 4 years and still holding

• Like 1

seuadr

4 years is pretty good lasting power!