Dan693

First Fail Test.....Check!

KC9KAS

That is a very nice/handy piece of equipment!

BOB ELLISON

I think that's thinking outside the box. I can see all kinds of use's for that and it could be used on any tractor. I would love to know how you did it. Maybe a tutorial on how it's made and the lifts you used for it. I would love to have one.

Great job.

• Like 3

Daddy Don

More information on how it is built or what you would  charge to build one . Great looking set up

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Dan693 Please front on your FEL  I think a lot of us would love to have something like that on one of our horses.

• Like 1

WHX??

Hey Dan ... I think you been holding out on us here:ychain: Sometimes  we get a comment or three about how a LR is not a real tractor. I guess your showing  them. An LR is on my bucket list.... might be a little farther down than a C-160, 701 or a 318-8 but is on the list! I like the repower and seems it serves you well. .... have fun with it!:handgestures-thumbupright:

Dan693

It took some time to figure the best design then a few months off and on to build it. I thought it would be cool since I had never seen a FEL on a LR.

Once they harvest the corn I plan to shake it down more in an empty field. One unknown is if the charging system is enough to keep the battery charged since its all electric.

Plan B on that is to replace one of the concrete weights on the back with a second battery. The 4 way joy stick works great. I used the tool box under the seat for all of the electrical. I tested it yesterday and stressed it some and everything held together just fine.

I also have a 42" snowplow that goes on it. I plan to break it down this winter and repaint the tractor red and the FEL black.

The entire FEL install used all existing frame holes and didnt require any alterations to the tractor......I.E. it can be removed with 6 bolts and returned to the stock tractor.

I like to experiment on stuff like this.......keeps me out of the bar.

• Like 3

littleredrider

That’s pretty slick!! It’s funny, back years ago when I had a small collection, I had 2 rangers, one like urs and a round fender, I wanted to put a small loader on it. I was told that it could be done but would be best to get a bigger tractor to do it to, that it wasn’t heavy enough tractor. But it’s been done, and now done again.....

953 nut
6 hours ago, Dan693 said:

replace one of the concrete weights on the back with a second battery.

:text-bravo: Probably need all the weight you can get out back to ease the steering while loaded.         :text-coolphotos:

ronhatch
7 hours ago, Dan693 said:

I like to experiment on stuff like this.......keeps me out of the bar

Me too!  People don't always understand why we can't leave things the way they are.

• Excellent 1

WHX??
8 hours ago, Dan693 said:

charging system is enough to keep the battery charged since its all electric.

Just a thought here Dan, put a amp meter on it and compare what it tells you to the charging specs of the motor.?? 2nd battery is an excellent idea! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1