mrc

loader wh on the mass pike

mrc

hi all, as my bud harry and i were bringing  my  SIL's tractor to brimfield mass today we were heading east on the mass pike. west bound was a wh with loader on a trailer around 11am on 11/1/2017.  who was it???  just curious mike in mass.

• Like 3

c-series don

One has to wonder, who would have such a unit and NOT be a member here? People these days geez !!!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

KC9KAS
7 hours ago, c-series don said:

One has to wonder, who would have such a unit and NOT be a member here? People these days geez !!!! 

Might be one of those "lurkers" that will join up when they have technical questions or have something they want to show off!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

rmaynard
9 hours ago, c-series don said:

In a non-scientific poll of people milling around the WHCC show several years ago, I found that the majority of the folks there are not members of RedSquare, and many have not even heard of RedSquare. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

JimmyJam
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

In a non-scientific poll of people milling around the WHCC show several years ago, I found that the majority of the folks there are not members of RedSquare, and many have not even heard of RedSquare. 

:text-yeahthat:  I could see  someone owning a (1) WH and never become a member . Wheel Horse manufactured alot of tractors in their years. In my travels, if I see someone using a Wheel Horse, I stop and "shop" talk to them about their WH. Some never heard of RedSquare. Which is odd because if you search Wheel Horse on the web: you get WHCC and RedSquare forum. BTW: Bob, I was of the understanding that you had to be a member of WHCC (I am) to attend the Big Show. Is that true?

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 3

Pollack Pete
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

many have not even heard of RedSquare. 

You'd be surprised at how many young whipper-snappers have never even heard of a Wheel Horse tractor.I know,I know......hard to believe.

• Like 4

roadapples

A lot of old guys say they don't use a computer.... And no, you don't have to be a member of WHCC to attend the show. Although, like being a support member here,  small price to pay for what you get...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, Pollack Pete said:

You'd be surprised at how many young whipper-snappers have never even heard of a Wheel Horse tractor.I know,I know......hard to believe.

I'm not a young wipper-snapper and I'd never heard of a WH until I got my 313-8 about 8 years ago. I even worked in s tractor dealer/mower shop in high school in the mid-70,s.  Just part of living in the south where WH are less common

SPINJIM

It's my understanding that you have to be a member of WHCC to sell or show at the Big Show, but I don't know if they enforce it.   Attendance is open to everyone.

I just sold an RJ58 trans to a collector who apparently wasn't aware of Red Square.   He said he took his wife to the Big Show once, and "she was freaked out by it", so he hasn't been back since.   Next year, the Show is on my wife's birthday, and I already told her that I'm going to the show.   I know I'll have to make it up to her somehow.  

I don't know how anyone can restore an old WH without all of the help available from the Red Square members.   

• Excellent 6

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, SPINJIM said:

Next year, the Show is on my wife's birthday, and I already told her that I'm going to the show.   I know I'll have to make it up to her somehow.  

I don't know how anyone can restore an old WH without all of the help available from the Red Square members.   

What's to "make up??!!"

It's the big show. ....

:P

Searching for online assistance was how I found this AWESOME site. ..And I couldn't agree more.

:thanks:   VERY much to all the people on :rs:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard
6 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

BTW: Bob, I was of the understanding that you had to be a member of WHCC (I am) to attend the Big Show. Is that true?

@roadapples beat me to the punch. The WHCC show is open to anyone, member or not. In order to sell there though, you must be a paid-up,card carrying member. 

• Like 7

Big_Red_Fred
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I never new you :wh: Nut's exsisted till some told me id fit in well cuz i'm a double nut he said ! Thanks a lot ole buddy whom i wont mention ;-) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

KC9KAS
7 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Some never heard of RedSquare. Which is odd because if you search Wheel Horse on the web: you get WHCC and RedSquare forum. 

And if you search "RedSquare" you get some Russian crap!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

857 horse

Everyone agree;s,,,,,,,,we need some marketing,,,,,,maybe we need to pay a visit to some of the tractor pages,,,,,i know there must be 3 wheel horse pages,,,,

a few Cub sites,,,,,and a place or 2 that talks green stuff,,,

In April and May I hit the road and visit other sights on line to  Advertise THE BIG SHOW,,,,,........What this site offers anyone is pricless,,,,,,,

All we need to do is spread the word,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher
23 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Now that is interesting to know. Must be people that are wanabees.

• Like 1

CasualObserver
12 minutes ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Now that is interesting to know. Must be people that are wanabees.

Not wannabes... they're the originals. You gotta remember,  the WHCC was around about 8 years before :rs: even started and it has taken 11 years more to get this forum to where it is now! So some of those guys have got a good 20 years of collecting and showing experience without touching a computer! 

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

There was a vendor who I used to see at shows who sold reproduction (photocopies) tractor manuals. The last time that I saw him I asked where his Wheel Horse manuals were. He said that he gave up trying to sell them because of some forum (RedSquare I'm guessing) offering manuals for free. I guess there are those who love us for what we do, and other not so much. 

• Like 6

Vinylguy
On 11/2/2017 at 6:32 AM, rmaynard said:

Surprisingly most of my customers have never been to the forum.  Most of my phone up customers do not use the internet. A family member or friend gave them my info.

Standard questions are Where can I get parts? or What color to paint. Or What year is my tractor. I would say 50% of my customers have their Father or Grandfathers old Wheel Horse and are

trying to refurbish or restore it for sentimental reasons so I always tell them to go to wheelhorseforum.com they will help you save your horse.

• Like 9

953 nut

I have bought parts here from vendors and on :techie-ebay: for  wheel horse owners I know who don't know a thing about the internet, but need help obtaining parts.

The first time I heard of this site was at the Florida Flywheelers Show six or seven years back, got talking with a fellow owner who told me about it. It was probably a year or so later before I actually became a member, now I'm hooked.

• Like 8

Big_Red_Fred

I have more fun fixing old :wh:, then old Peterbilts, i'm ready to retire, Join the Ranks of all The Wheel Horse Masters, 4 years yet !

• Like 4

Retired Wrencher
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, CasualObserver said:

Not wannabes... they're the originals. You gotta remember,  the WHCC was around about 8 years before :rs: even started and it has taken 11 years more to get this forum to where it is now! So some of those guys have got a good 20 years of collecting and showing experience without touching a computer! 

Well thank you for letting me know about my misunderstanding of this. I guess you always learning in life that there is always someone with more experience and knowledge than you. 

• Like 2