TBusch

C100 with front end loader

TBusch

Hello, im new to this site. Just picked up a good running 75 C100 with a front end loader on it. Hoping i didnt pay to much lol. Will be great addition for work on my property. Let me know what you guys think.Screenshot_20171101-101956.png.23eb0cb1dd6b54ae971a29073c56f6fc.png

Screenshot_20171101-102000.png

Screenshot_20171101-101953.png

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

KC9KAS

@TBusch :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:.

If you are good with the deal you made, then the price was right!

Plenty of folks looking for loaders, so you are 1 up on them!

• Like 2

R. L. Addison

I like the smaller bucket. I have had "C" & "D" loaders, & it was very easy to over-load the rear wheels with heavy materials. Picked up loaded wheels with weights & my heavy carcass just like it was supposed to, & I had to "weigh out" the material to handle it. I also had my breaking plow on the rear end any time there was maneuvering room. (Garden plow) BUT, what a tool. 

Broke a spindle in the "D" after my son installed a V-8 engine in one of his cars. Bet he had fun doing that.  Needless to say I was not too thrilled when I found out about it!

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

TBusch

Here is a better pic after getting it home. It came with a 42" side throw mower deck that looks to be in great shape.

Does anyone know anything about the loader set up? Told it was a Wheel Horse. Is it from 1975?

20171101_203549.jpg

• Like 1

JimmyJam

:text-welcomeconfetti:TO :rs:!!!!!!  Looks like a nice strong running tractor. Just remember to put weights on the wheels/rear-end. To truly identify your tractor, you need to look at the ID Tag, usually located on steering tower. This ID Tag will give the model number and serial number. If you post that, then we will be able to determine for you the year.

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 1

TBusch

I do have 2 suitcase weights for it. Will need more though. The one thing I noticed was when the bucket is up to a certain point the clutch and brake pedals hit. Then they can not be fully pressed down. Gentleman i bought it from said they made smaller pedals, or people grind the sides down.

Is this true, or is the frontend loader attachment dont on in the right area, or to large for the C100 model tractor its on?

JimmyJam

The front-end loader may not be from Wheel Horse, but custom-made I presume. Most Wheel Horse's of that era had those standard (2) pedals. If it was a WH loader of that era they would have had the clearances, I presume. I never owned one. Wheel Horse had put ID tags on all their equipment including attachments. My :twocents-02cents:.

TBusch

Previous owner said it was from Wheel Horse. I didnt see a badge or markings though. I thought the bucket wasnt the original. It has a spot on each side of the upright supports to mount to a crossbar. Maybe it was made for a larger model then. The smaller bucket might have been installed due to the tractors size.