Team70R

Rear lift cable electric actuator

Team70R

Thinking about setting up an electric actuator for my rear hitch on my C165. I was wondering if I could put it up under the belly of the tractor and hook the rear cable to it and leave the manual lift handle for the mower deck. Would a 330 pound capacity actuator be enough?

elcamino/wheelhorse

I did something similar to what you are asking . Check out my thread " Separate Rear Hitch Lift " dated 7/27/2015 Includes photos of my work and problems I ran into. Good luck

• Like 1

Team70R
6 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I did something similar to what you are asking . Check out my thread " Separate Rear Hitch Lift " dated 7/27/2015 Includes photos of my work and problems I ran into. Good luck

I just finished reading your thread! I love your setup! Definitely gonna try something like that! How's your holding up?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Team70R Works great have not had any problems. Easiest way to install chains on the back  tires.  I have a piece of 6x6 , lift hitch , place the 6x6 under  the hitch , move to down position and the whole rear  lifts with both wheels off the ground. 

The only major problem I ran into was the dang gas tank under the seat. Trying to position the actuator so it would not bind resulted in a lot of cussing.

• Like 2

Team70R
10 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Team70R Works great have not had any problems. Easiest way to install chains on the back  tires.  I have a piece of 6x6 , lift hitch , place the 6x6 under  the hitch , move to down position and the whole rear  lifts with both wheels off the ground. 

The only major problem I ran into was the dang gas tank under the seat. Trying to position the actuator so it would not bind resulted in a lot of cussing.

The down pressure would definitely be nice!!! I might try to go outside of the tank bracket. Is 4" of travel plenty ??

elcamino/wheelhorse

I went with 6 inch just to be safe. A rule of thumb is to double the travel measurement for the overall measurement of the actuator. I purchased mine  over the net and it has load capacity of about 700 lbs. I think I paid about $90.00 plus shipping.  

• Like 1

Team70R

Alright I'll look at the 6" then!