ztnoo

paralyzed woman sees husband sneak garage every night

Jerry77

Very cool endeavor..pure American ingenuity...kudos to this guy...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

JC 1965

WOW !!  That's really neat, thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Sarge

The VA Administration should step in and work with this guy - we need more people like this in the world . Very cool design for a guy with no engineering experience - great creative mind for sure .

Sarge

• Like 4

ACman

Here’s my outdoor chair made and designed in Minnesota.http://actiontrackchair.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2YDl1MCb1wIVWksNCh2vhAKOEAAYASAAEgI7PfD_BwE  

95C64B3C-BC3B-47EE-889F-DB848F75184A.jpeg.51a8575d8b9f3b91cdfe736e62f5d7e1.jpeg

There’s a handful of companies here in the USA that build outdoor power chairs . Another one that comes to mind is Tracfab made in Pennsylvania.

http://www.tracfab.com/

If you’re looking into getting a outdoor chair :text-google: outdoor power chair or outdoor wheelchair to find what best fits your needs.

• Like 7

ohiofarmer

At our county fair, i saw some offroad chairs that could also lift the operator into a combine cab. Just amazing. Maybe someone can find them and post a link.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I think it is great what that guy produced , nice to see that someone sees a problem and builds a solution. @ACman Any work done on your :wh: run about for the Big Show. Tracks , gas motor , big alternator , sun shade , electric fan for cooling, no worries about charging cables .

• Like 1

r356c

The man has the heart of a lion.

This guy does too. They are not all Hollywood types on the west coast.

Both are inspirational with very different back stories.

Edited by r356c
  • Like 2

Sarge

I've been watching what this guy has been doing for a few years now - I have friends in the cnc industry and have watched far too many close their doors , companies selling out US workers because they won't invest into doing things differently to not just compete - but to beat foreign manufacturing . History teaches many lessons that we continue to ignore - this country is capable of doing great things just by building on our biggest strength - our workers and our desire to make things far better than anyone . It's far too long that we've allowed politicians to pocket lobbying money to move American jobs overseas in the interest of making Corporations more money for their shareholders - those same companies could just as easily do it here , cheaper and far better than sending it over the pond - it's not like we haven't done that before if you look at it from a Historical point of view .

I've been screaming about this stuff since I graduated High School - foreign policy and the move to close manufacturing in this country at that time cost us 9 very large local manufacturers , and enough jobs to practically destroy my home town and the local economy . No good paying jobs left - so I went into the US Marine Corps instead of getting a job that would in the end last a lousy 6 months before that plant closed and moved to Mexico . There is no excuse - vote based on what they do - not what they say and hold them accountable for their actions . I'm so sick and tired of trying to find quality tools and parts that aren't overpriced and total crap for the money - I've literally ordered high quality stuff from overseas because our manufacturers that are left have not changed their ways and learned how to do this stuff right . Guys like Mr. Gilroy are what we need in this country - but we need thousands like him to get the point across and change things for the better . I always prefer to buy American when I can - I'm not afraid of an extra cost if the quality is worth the price , but in many cases the quality is not there and foreign manufacturing is kicking our butt in so many fields because of that , we can evolve and Mr. Gilroy has proved that along with a lot of others like him .

It just takes a push by the American workers - and especially American Consumers to change things . Otherwise, we lose and have been losing for a long time now .

Rant off ,

Sarge

• Like 5

ACman

I’m with @Sarge with these politicians working for companies making profit instead of looking out for us citizens. Now I thought these outdoor chair companies were doing a good thing charging people a fair price for their chairs . Now my regular chair cost almost $60,000 which to me is hard to believe since they use a lot of the same parts . I’m tiered of these companies charging outrageous prices because they’re a medical device and can get away with charging it to the insurance :angry-cussing: . It’s totally out of control. Now I’m calling out Tracfab on what they’re charging for their accessories and I’ll be looking into Actiontrack too . Check out what they’re charging for the tablet holder https://tracfab.net/t/accessories $300 :scratchead: ! I found the same one for under $30 with just a quick search. I’m all for a company making a profit but really 10 times more for what it really cost !   https://www.quill.com/Arkon-TAB086-12-Heavy-Duty-Adjustable-12-C-Clamp-Mount-With-Flexible-Neck-For-Tablets/cbs/470632.html?disable_sitespect=true&hidedisruptive=1&cm_mmc=SEM_PLA_NULL_470632&mcode=SEM_PLA_NULL_470632&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhsLdloye1wIVAkCGCh3LGwDsEAQYGSABEgK0f_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds  Being in the position I’m in I see this every day . It totally sickens me to see companies taking advantage of the system or a person who’s already in a bad spot .

Rant over ACman ! 

Mods a totally get it if you remove this post

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??

No problems here Jeff....your allowed to get on your :soapbox:the stuff you been through.

• Like 1

r356c

Absolutely Sarge.

I've had a front row seat of watching America's manufacturing base evaporate ever since China was given "most favored nation" trading status in the Clinton era.

Fed Chairman Greenspan dismissed our manufacturing base as "only 12% of the economy".  He legitimized the giveaway to Congress at the time.

Basic economics says that nations should only freely trade with each other if their world view and economic conditions are nearly identical.

American manufacturers were and still are competing not against another company, but against another Government and all its resources when dealing with China.

When ANY politician even mentions a word about reexamining the Official Harmonized Tariff Schedule to reflect the differences in pay scales and Government subsidies between Chinese manufactures vs American manufactures, then I may believe we have turned the corner. Until then, I am not holding my breath.

https://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/index.htm

/Rant Off

Sometimes cute Japanese girls petting cute robot dogs are a good distraction...  Welcome back Sony Aibo!

Edited by r356c

Sarge

I've had to deal with huge loads of pipe casing that were imported from South Korea - they don't even use the stuff over there and are killing what is left of our steel manufacturers here in the US . Couldn't even weld the stuff and had to delay the job a week after shipping it back . After a few inches of heat the stuff would just fall apart - almost like a high cast iron content in it . Tried 4 different joints - all the same junk .

Next week , truck shows up - same pipe on it , just a different color - they had cut the sections a few inches shorter and re-beveled it  . While the truck driver was across the road making a call I welded my initials inside one of the pipes with a small rod - the contractor questioned my ethics for doing that - the next week when that supplier had repainted the pipe and sent it back to us he apologized . Another week's delay - this time the State Inspector and Railroad inspectors both specified US made pipe - no substitutes allowed and we finished the job 3wks behind schedule . Cost me a lot of time off work since the job was delayed and I was dispatched to that specific job - only 3 of us in the Hall are pipe casing welders so I was stuck with no income during those delays . The pipe supplier was finally fined by the State and I got my wages paid for those delayed weeks - gave me a little bit of satisfaction but it took 3 months of red tape to get it done . Never again - I can identify their imported pipe from a distance now and have seen it show up on Pipeline jobs - that's not good as this stuff is high pressure/volume and buried in some areas not far from residential neighborhoods . Same deal , our companies are trying to compete with a foreign government - it's a no-win situation for us and puts the Public in a lot of unnecessary danger . We're seeing a lot of imported materials showing up on many taxpayer funded road projects as well - that stuff is a direct violation of the US built materials agreement and the fines are tremendous .

Ask CalTrans how well this tactic worked for them when they built the new Bay Bridge with Chinese steel - from a plant that had never done bridge-specific metal jobs and put it in one of the highest earthquake zones in the world . Cost to repair it is staggering - same as the pre-stressed concrete bridge on I-39 over the Illinois River at LaSalle - the deck is failing constantly and several very expensive corrections have been made already - pretty stupid move by our politicians that cost us our safety and hard-earned tax dollars .

Hold them accountable - if they won't enact or write laws to stop this stuff - vote them out of office . Politicians have become more self-serving than any other time in our history - they only support those that will fund their next election and Citizens United has done far more damage than anyone ever expected - the Supreme Court needs to overturn their own decision on that rule and fast - it's killing us and corrupting our entire government .

Sarge

r356c

There are literally thousands of years of experience, knowledge and insight with the members on this forum.

I'll  add one more thing that resonated to me about the importance of American manufacturing.

It came from David Hall, the inventor of the spinning Velodyne LIDAR on top of most of the self driving cars.

He was goaded into advancing it from an prototype stage by a Ford engineer in an early DARPA self-driving car competition.

This quote was about his companies audio industry speaker business.

“As soon as we shipped all the manufacturing to China, that was the end of our ability to see anything we could improve on,” Hall recalls.

“You go from an inventor to an importer. I realized it’s not for me as a person.”