edwroy

Rear Weights Value

edwroy

What is a reasonable amount to pay for a set with 12 inch wheel weights pictured below?

Thanks

Edwroy

Rear_wheel_weights_8-1111.jpg

Wishin4a416

Usually 125/150 in my area.

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:bout the same here.

Forest Road

Used to be $1 a pound. Now 125-150 is considered reasonable.

Always seems to be one unscrupulous out there trying to get $300 for them. Hope ya haven't run into that guy.

• Like 3

Tankman

$125-$150, dame here in Eastern PA.

Chris G

I'm in NY between Rochester and Buffalo and I see them listed for a average of about 150-175. But there has been several times i've seen them listed for almost double that. But at the end of the day id say the value is in how bad you need or want them.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
30 minutes ago, Chris G said:

value is in how bad you need or want them.

:text-yeahthat:

All of the above prices are about right.

The above phrase is probably the biggest consideration in those prices.

Another thing to be considered...

Many of us are using fluid filling instead of or in addition to metal weights.

• Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Chris G said:

how bad you need or want them

Yah like fronts or behind the wheel rears.. :sad-bored:

squonk
2 hours ago, Forest Road said:

Used to be $1 a pound. Now 125-150 is considered reasonable.

Always seems to be one unscrupulous SOB out there trying to get $300 for them. Hope ya haven't run into that guy.

I think Indiana is far enough away from that guy! :)

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

:angry-nono: I don't know...

I see listings from "that guy" in a bunch of different states. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

:angry-nono: I don't know...

I see listings from "that guy" in a bunch of different states. 

He lives in many places.... Quite a few of him here too...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

953 nut

If you want to see crazy prices try buying the 15" weights for a 953/1054/GT-14 (88 pounds per wheel) and having them shipped. The ones I have were on  :techie-ebay: "Buy it now" for $ 100 with $ 30 shipping. It had been listed about two minutes when I hit the buy! The seller put one of the 44 pound weighs and some bolts and lug nuts in each of four flat rate boxes, no packing and no attempt to secure the hardware. Postman left a damaged package form with them when he put them on the porch. All of the boxes were ripped to shreds and all of the hardware was gone. Sent pictures to the seller via :techie-ebay:and he refunded $ 50.  :woohoo:        That was the first set I had seen in over a year and none had been priced under $ 200 starting bid.

I had one set of 50 pound  12" weights given to me.  Another set came with a non-running :wh: that I got very reasonably. Thet are a very valuble addition to any :wh:.

• Like 1

Aldon

It’s not in my opinion unscrupulous to list them for sale for what ever value seller places on them.

If it’s too high, then don’t buy.

175.00 is getting to be the average buying them ala Carte in these parts.

but if you try and get them in late fall/winter the price will be inflated.

i find getting them in a package deal with a tractor I need or one I plan to pull parts for is most cost effective.

I agree with @953 nut on cost for 953/1054/GT14 Weights. Usually well into 200plus range.

and if that seems high, don’t even look for the C195/Case style 15 inch weights

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ztnoo
4 minutes ago, Aldon said:

It’s not in my opinion unscrupulous to list them for sale for what lever value seller places on them.

If it’s too high, then don’t buy.

The market demand/or lack thereof, and seasonal/regional circumstances will determine the value and price.

The seller is free to find where those thresholds are established at any given time.

Seller perception of value is one thing, selling price reality maybe be entirely different.

• Like 3

edwroy

Thank you all for your responses $ 125.00 to $ 150.00 seems to be the going price.

Edwroy

• Like 1

Forest Road

Hey guys sorry if I ruffled a few feathers w the monicker "unscrupulous seller." I am a believer in the free market. A seller is more than welcome to set any price he would like. And an educated buyer can accept or decline said price. However NOTHING ticks me off more than those sellers taking advantage of newbies. These are often the very same flippers who continuously ask insane prices for stuff they most likely picked up for 200% less. 

Buyer beware! There's a lot of good bad and ugly deals to be had. Be patient. Eventuallly that which you seek will come around at a fare and reasonable price. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Naw ..... no harm no fowl so no feathers Forest .... thanks for the reminder on sellers.

• Like 1