UncleJerm76

701 "Shifter Box" (aka Hood Stand Assembly???)

UncleJerm76

What is that boxed-in area called in the 701... the one that has the cut out for the shifter? Its almost like a second tool box - I call it the "Shifter Box" B)  Mine has several rust holes and Id like to replace it but does it bolt to the frame from somewhere or is it actually part of the frame? In the parts diagram, as best I can tell it appears separate, although I cant figure out how it comes apart. It looks to me like its #234 on the part diagram and that part is listed as the "Hood Stand Assembly" ...weird name for a part so far away from the hood. I like "Shifter Box" much better :lol: ...any help on how to replace it, or repair it OR simply the best thing to call it when asking for the part in the classified would be greatly appreciated!

shifterboxfigA.jpg

Edited by UncleJerm76

Chris G

This pic should explain the piece your talking about.

IMG_20160712_121059253.jpg

• Like 2

UncleJerm76

Thank you sir that’s a huge help! :handgestures-thumbupright:  My 701 looks slightly different from this model but after seeing your pic, the name “Hood stand assembly” makes so much more sense now ...and I can see where it comes apart ...and how much of a bear it’s going to be :wacko: ...I still think “Shifter Box” has a better ring to it! :lol: 

Thanks for your reply!

Question: Does it also need removed to replace the Shift Boot? 

Edited by UncleJerm76
Grammar Police

Chris G

Ya that one is off a 702 and I've replaced shifter boots with out removing it.