Digger 66

Gear Lube Bottle

rmaynard

Excellent

• Like 1

squonk

Here's a fun trick. Take an empty antifreeze jug. Drill a hole in the cap and install a male air hose fitting into it and put a nut on the inside of the cap to keep it together. Connect an air line to the jug and wait for an unsuspecting friend, wife or brother-in -law to come in the shop. Plug the opposite end of the air line in, wait like 10 seconds and then BOOOM!!! For even more fun. Put a quart of water in the jug. Amaze your friends, Loads of laughs. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Sarge

Last time I did something similar to that it cost me a shop light....lol . Nice job on the gear lube - cheap idea too . I gave up and bought a pump and buy gear oil in 5gal pails....

Sarge

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Here's a fun trick. Take an empty antifreeze jug. Drill a hole in the cap and install a male air hose fitting into it and put a nut on the inside of the cap to keep it together. Connect an air line to the jug and wait for an unsuspecting friend, wife or brother-in -law to come in the shop. Plug the opposite end of the air line in, wait like 10 seconds and then BOOOM!!! For even more fun. Put a quart of water in the jug. Amaze your friends, Loads of laughs. :)

:ROTF:

squonk

We had a 5' x10' utility room where I used to work. In it were a big honkin air compressor and a brake lathe. Also some assorted junk. Not much room. I was turning a brake rotor and unbeknownst to me under the lathe was an antifreeze jug half full of water with an air line plugged in. I'm making the final smooth cut and getting the cutters dialed in and the rascals plugged the other end of the line in. The compressor was running so I can't hear anything unusual. Then BOOM ,SPLASH! Water and brake lathe shavings all over me and my ears are playing "God Save the Queen! raged-smiley-emoticon.gif.3c442b8caf81f76838a7cddd1329722a.gif

Sorry to derail and hijack this great idea on this thread but seeing that nipple in that bottle brought back many fond memories of hi-jinx in the shop! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Yeah, it's all fun & games...

until someone gets their eyes put out.

Image result for black eye smiley

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

rmaynard
14 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Debbie Downer

• Like 4

Vinylguy

When I happen to open Facebook I often see these posts with useful hacks.

Maybe someone should start a thread called Helpful  Wheel Horse and shop hacks.

• Like 3

squonk
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Image result for black eye smiley

You know what they say, "You can't cut the cheese with a dull knife!" :)

AMC RULES

Umm...Mike... :angry-nono: I don't recall you...

ever using a knife when cutting your "cheese".  

Image result for gas attack smiley

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66
8 hours ago, squonk said:

We had a small computer hutch in our shop and I was using it one night doing my time. Guy with the antifreeze jug didn't see me there and slid it under the cabinet. I was just typing away when BOOM! He started laughing till I stood up. My ears rang for about an hour. 

Another time one of our guys was using the hydraulic press trying to take off an axle bearing and they laid that thing under the press. The needle was going up, up, up when BOOM! He almost went through the chain link cage around the press. Fun times! 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 1

AlexR

They do make pumps for the qaurt sized bottles Gear oil pump (walmart link)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

TDF5G

That's a great idea. I've been thinking about making something like that myself.  Been doing transfer case work on Silverado pickup and it's a pain to add fluid.  I had a plastic pump that fits on a quart bottle that I was using, that came from Orscheln farm store, but I wore it out.  I bought another one the other day at O'Reilly Auto but I've not used it yet.  I like you're idea and I'm gonna do that myself.  Thanks for sharing it.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

We used to have a coffee machine at work that dispensed paper cups.  We'd stomp on them turned upside down on the floor behind someone to scare them! :D

squonk

When one of the girls from the office would walk through the shop, someone would roll a black shock bushing across the floor in front of them. They’d think it was a mouse! 

UncleJerm76
16 hours ago, AlexC120 said:

They do make pumps for the qaurt sized bottles Gear oil pump (walmart link)

:text-goodpost:

Unless you got the parts laying the OP was talking about it cost nearly as much as this pump! 

• Like 1