Stigian

New arrival.. Wheel Horse D-200

pacer

Ah yes, the famous (or infamous?) "Big D"  While they can be maddening sometimes to work on, when I get on one of mine and fire it up I still can get a chill run up my spine! Amazing power from this sized tractor and - in my opinion - one cool looking bad boy!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Thing sounds sweet. 

• Like 2

Sparky

Very cool! Nice job on the engine tin work.

• Like 2

Sarge

Pull the lower portion of the battery tray supports (easy) and check how much play is in the pump to engine coupling - hopefully it's good and tight . That is one of two problem areas on the D , aside from it's not a lot of fun to work on in comparison to the other WH models - about the same as the GT14 , lol...

Nice job on that tin for the K532 - without it the head/cylinder will overheat quickly . Download the engine manual and go through the governor , valves and carb linkage settings - makes it a lot more responsive . As you know , don't run the engine at low rpm for long or drive it as the pump needs full rpm to work correctly and keep itself cooled .

Does that one have the pump cooling fan below the seat ?

Sarge

• Like 2

bitten

For the noise in the rear end I used Mobil synthetic 10w30 oil in mine and it helped a lot.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Now that we have seen your D in original form what modifications are floating around in your head ?  I know this will be an interesting project.

• Like 3

953 nut
10 hours ago, Stigian said:

I'm sure you can guess from the title was a D-200

:text-bravo:    Love it when a :wh: dream comes true!             :text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

Stigian
On 29/10/2017 at 1:54 PM, pacer said:

Ah yes, the famous (or infamous?) "Big D"  While they can be maddening sometimes to work on, when I get on one of mine and fire it up I still can get a chill run up my spine! Amazing power from this sized tractor and - in my opinion - one cool looking bad boy!

I couldn't agree more Pacer, I've not had to do much work on her but the amount of power is amazing :thumbs:

On 29/10/2017 at 1:56 PM, AMC RULES said:

Thing sounds sweet. 

Thanks Craig, she sure does.. :D

On 29/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, Sparky said:

Very cool! Nice job on the engine tin work.

Thanks Mike, I did think about painting the cover but it would of really stood out from the rest of the body.. I quite like the weathered look.

On 29/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, Sarge said:

Pull the lower portion of the battery tray supports (easy) and check how much play is in the pump to engine coupling - hopefully it's good and tight . That is one of two problem areas on the D , aside from it's not a lot of fun to work on in comparison to the other WH models - about the same as the GT14 , lol...

Nice job on that tin for the K532 - without it the head/cylinder will overheat quickly . Download the engine manual and go through the governor , valves and carb linkage settings - makes it a lot more responsive . As you know , don't run the engine at low rpm for long or drive it as the pump needs full rpm to work correctly and keep itself cooled .

Does that one have the pump cooling fan below the seat ?

Sarge

Hey Sarge, I've not really done any work on the ol D other than what was needed to get her running.

She did decide to run on one cyinder all of a sudden, after being left for the weekend.. It took a bit of working out! Putting new plugs in did the trick even though the old plugs both had a good healthy spark!

Nope, no colling fan under the seat.

On 29/10/2017 at 4:03 PM, bitten said:

For the noise in the rear end I used Mobil synthetic 10w30 oil in mine and it helped a lot.

The trans sounds the same as the one in my old GT-14, which always worked just fine, the trans had had fresh oil at some point before I bought it and it still looks like new!

On 29/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Now that we have seen your D in original form what modifications are floating around in your head ?  I know this will be an interesting project.

Hi Jim, my plans have changed a bit and the D is now up for sale, but I had planned to put a 3 point back on the back and maybe even build a FEL for it..

Nothing dramatic as I could bring myself to slice up a D!

On 30/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, 953 nut said:

:text-bravo:    Love it when a :wh: dream comes true!             :text-coolphotos:

So do I Richard :thumbs::D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I know that you will have another project in the works soon.

• Like 2

Stigian
On 06/01/2018 at 10:34 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I know that you will have another project in the works soon.

Hey Jim, well the big D went off to it's new home yesterday, sad to see it go but I know it's gone to a good home where it will be used for hauling a trailer around..

But..... It means I'm now without any Wheel Horses......... Until tomorrow :D

Sparky
1 hour ago, Stigian said:

But..... It means I'm now without any Wheel Horses......... Until tomorrow :D

Hmmm....what could it be!