jellyghost

Ball Bearing and Belt Help

jellyghost

I have a C-101 with a 42 inch deck.  The zerk on the center spindle was sheered off.  I read some old posts, and it seems that I can replace it with sealed bearings and close the shorn zerk hole.  This seems like the easiest solution to my problem.  But... I can't determine the best bearings.  This is an older deck before they starting using metric.

In addition, I would like to replace the deck belt and the pto belt.  How do I find the correct belts?  Thank you!

daveoman1966

Is this you deck spindle...item 21 ...it is part # 108849 and I have a good one in my hand that I can put in your mailbox for $47... with NEW keyway and top Grease Zerk.

shaft.jpg

057.JPG

056.JPG

055.JPG

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

May not be the deck you have but the belts should be the same. Notice one is side discharge and the other is rear discharge - different belts. Click on the pictures.

Garry

• Like 1

jellyghost

Thank you for the responses!  I have another deck I am not using, so I could steal a spindle off of it.  But... I wanted to know what type of bearings I should order. Any suggestions?  Is there a better name brand?  Thanks!