felker13

Purchased a Work Horse GT-1100 Today

felker13

I am very new to finding old tractors so I am not 100% sure if I got a deal or not. Today at an estate sale I was able to pick up a Work Horse GT-1100 for $65. It needs a lot of clean up, and as of right now I am not 100% sure of the working condition. It did come with the snow thrower attachment, and even though it isn't pictured, I also got the mowing deck as well. Not sure what these are worth, but any info would be much appreciated! I have attached some photo in its current condition.  Thanks! 

110.JPG

110A.JPG

110C.JPG

110H.JPG

• Like 4

jellyghost

Great Deal.  The chains and weights are worth 65 to the right person.  If you can't get it to work, you should be able to part it out and more than recover your money.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH
36 minutes ago, jellyghost said:

Great Deal.  The chains and weights are worth 65 to the right person.  If you can't get it to work, you should be able to part it out and more than recover your money.

:text-yeahthat:

and...:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

r356c

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Yes, you got a good deal.

Clean it up, get it running, and have fun!

Welcome to Wheel Horse Country.

• Like 2

Tankman
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:text-yeahthat:

and...:text-welcomeconfetti:

:text-yeahthat:Ditto! Excellent! Would have jumped on that sale! Wow!

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Nice.......A lot of people here don't like the Briggs and Stratton engine.I do.Grew up with Briggs engines on almost all my fathers equipment.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

elliot ness

Great find, you shall love this Work Horse. I have one with many hours on it and it runs just fine. The B&S is a tough little motor.:text-bravo:

• Like 1

EricF

You got a good deal! If you're the slightest bit handy with engines mechanical things, or a just a good learner, you'll find your new Horse to be remarkably simple and straightforward to work on. Only thing to watch out for is that, like all 90s-era garden and lawn tractors, there's the extra safety switches and their wiring. A good scrubbing ought to help get the crud off so you can find the gem underneath.:thumbs:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stratman
      By Stratman
      This is a (1-Owner) 42” Single Stage snowblower attachment (low hours of use) . This is the Attach a Matic system that will fit WHEELHORSE- Toro 5Xi series tractors , as well as New Holland GT (18 , 20 & 22) series machines . It comes complete , with Factory Manual , chute direction crank arm & support , every clip , nut n bolt , bracket needed to mount it to your tractor . Only used on paved surface / Rock Solid ~ Light surface rust only , No holes or weakened metal , nice skid wear pads .
      The (dedicated) Mule Drive & Drive Belt are also included . It works Great , however I now have a plow truck , and no longer need this attachment for my mower .
      Note ; I also have the W/H 75lb wheel weights & tire chains , that can be worked into the deal (if needed) !!!!!
      For additional purchase information ; Please Reply with a name & phone number / I will respond with with my Contact info ; Thanks 4 lookin’ / P.S. I can skid this all up & drop off @ FASTENAL for your Pre-Arranged shipping . 

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      Gday Members, I’m now selling my favorite WheelHorse WorkHorses, with a heavy heart.   These were the first of the WheelHorse tractors I had gotten that turned me onto what a great machine they were. 
      Anyways…although I’m not sure of the years, due to faded tags, they are True WorkHorses, so 82-84 vintage?   Both are the white ones.  First up is a GT1100, Briggs 11hp, 8 speed.  Has chains on rear. Had a new carb on it when I bought it, although I suspect that it’s not the exact unit, since the choke is not hooked up. I manually activated the choke to start.  Been sitting, so I will clean fuel system and replace battery.  The second is a GT1142, 8 hp Briggs, 8 speed.  Currently has a lightly used 42” Replacement Toro Deck.  I bought this from the original owners daughter, who blew the engine on it after she took up mowing duties after the death of her father.  So I sourced a replacement engine, replaced carb and battery.  42” Deck was only 1 year old when I bought it 6 years ago.  Shows very little use.  I cut with it 1 time after I got it running.   Ran / Cut great.  But it’s been in storage since.  Tires were original and I noticed 1 was low last week after sitting.  Filled it up and been fine since.  Battery will be replaced if necessary.  I’m looking for $1100/BRO.   I still have a couple sets of weights and chains available, as well as other decks and various parts that I’m liquidating.  The whole shop, tools and equipment is going too. 

Thanx, Jay 

• Monstrosity
      By Monstrosity
      Show off what your doing from the seat of your Horse!!! Fixed up a mowing deck for the 1277 and put the plow on the C1014. Getting ready to level a topsoil pile and going down the block to mow the small park to test the mowing deck out.
    • Vaughan32850
      By Vaughan32850
      New to this forum, Let’s see what other wheelhorse’s are in the UK, I’m in South Wales. 

RJ-58
      Lawn Ranger 
      Commando 8
      C-120
      C-101
      C-160 Auto

• CeeBee
      By CeeBee
      Good shape. Electric Start. Kept in a shed. Need the space now. Includes Manual. Pickup only.