shallowwatersailor

The Diesels Day to Play

dclarke

You sure have some nice tractors John.   :handgestures-thumbupright:   Thanks for the pics.  

JC 1965

Great photos, thanks for sharing.    :thumbs2:

mrc

both tractors look great. any chance some close up shots of the diesel engine ?  thank you mike in mass

wh500special

John,

Your oil-burner thread title made me think of a song my son plays over and over and over and over and over and over again.  I can't pull the link on my computer here at work, but search for "Thomas the Train 'Day of the Diesels'"

I bet it makes you smile and you'll be singing it to yourself next time you're out on the 523!

Steve

• Like 1

AMC RULES

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor
20 hours ago, mrc said:

both tractors look great. any chance some close up shots of the diesel engine ?  thank you mike in mass

Here is the video that I shot just after I bought the tractor.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Berco
      By Berco
      Hello all. My battery in my 520LXI was going out, the lights would come on but the engine would not turn over. I put a 1.5 amp truckle charger on the battery when i left for a 4 days trip. I come back and the same. I also noticed i left the key in the run position (the hour meter did not run). I swap out batteries and now the mower is completely dead. When i turn the key - nothing. I verify the battery it good (13.04v), negative is connected to the engine block, voltage is good on the solenoid side of the starter. I out the key to run and try to jump to see if i can start and nothing. Not even a spark. I have used this mover for years and has 500 hours. Could the ignition switch or brake switch be bad? The seat switch is jumped.What else could cause my mower to be dead? Thank you in advance.
    • sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      Hi all.
      This topic will be dedicated to the upgrades and modifications I'm going to do to my 512-D with sweeper attachment.
      The plan was to complete my mini IH 1468 before starting to work on the Wheel Horse but since the leaves are coming down quick I developed an 'itch' to get working on the Wheel Horse. 

First things first, I had to get it running again. New ignition switch and new inline fuse, aswell as cutting out all unnecessary (for now) stuff solved the non-running issue.

Dashboard wiring seems to be OK

This is a mess. Two unnecessary relais, one unnecessary switch and a bunch of unnecessary wires everywhere.

Next up will be a new battery and probably some modifications to the pto-clutch and new oil all around. Also I'm on the lookout for new filter elements for the oilbath filter for the Robin DY41D engine.

Done for now.

Major upgrades and or restoration will have to wait until after I finish the Murray to IH 1468 project.

Running again. Listen to that THUMP! 
      Almost forgot to mention.. probably needs some new rubber mounts 

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

• gfullz
      By gfullz
      Hey guys! new wheel horse owner here. I picked up a 2001 523xi that came with a berco subframe. I happened to find a 40" compact berco that was hardly used to slap on it only I'm not sure where to start as there are no resources for this that I can find. I'm mechanically inclined, rebuilt the injection pump, injectors etc... as I purchased it non-running as it wasn't receiving any fuel to the injectors (it runs amazing now btw). 

so for starters I'm going to go out on a whim here and say that this will require the mule drive or "pulley box". and I've got the rest of the parts in the picture. The parts of the subframe that look to bolt up seem so narrow compared to the hookups on the rest of the tractor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      As requested some pictures of my 1986 Wheel Horse 512-D with sweeper attachment.

• kurm
      By kurm
      You can search for the specs but here are some links:
      https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro&lang=us_en
      https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/modlinfo.cfm?xCaller=Toro&o=2&x=22004&b=9900001&e=9999999&m=73552&y=1999&n=523Dxi Garden Tractor&channel=CN
      https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/modlatch.cfm?xCaller=Toro&x=22004

This is a beast!   Comes with the 60" deck and also a 48" deck and a new battery.  New belt (installed but unused), newer hoses, regular maintenance.   

There are wheel weights too but idk if they fit this unit as I've never tried.

758 hours

I got a zero turn and a Kubota tractor and this has sadly become ignored.