brian_32

Wheel Horse plow on an old Cub?

brian_32

I actually have two, one like new, one fairly rusty.  I was looking for a means of changing the plow angle from the seat.  I like the solid construction of the Cub, it's built like a tank.  My 123 needs quite a bit, the steering is extremely sloppy, and has a lot of cosmetic issues I'll likely take care of next spring.  I have two solid usable Horses, and one that's currently under construction.  I also have a big Simplicity (Sunstar) that I mow/push snow with.  The Cub may find it's way to the front yard in the spring with a "For Sale" sign posted once I get the third Wheel Horse complete.

• Like 1

Sarge

All the rear axle brackets on mine are built here and copy the dimensions of the pre-73 tractors - they do sit a fair amount lower . Those later model tractors with the odd 6" front wheels are a real problem - no idea why they did that but swapping to a more standard size 8" wheel and using a slightly larger tire on the rear will help level it out again and gain more clearance which will help . The gain is around 1/2 using a lower rear bracket - yes , but making the angle of the frame steeper when the blade is up translates to around a 2.5" gain at the cutting edge . I want that blade pretty high on mine for working in areas with uneven ground and not have the blade digging into a bank as well as building ramps or transitions for dirt work .

Sarge