Sign in to follow this  
jerrye

Brakes

jerrye

I have a d200 that has one brake peddle and it does nothing. I was told it was a parking brake and I was better off leaving it that way since if something on the inside broke it could mess up my transmission, The linkage is connected but I haven't a clue as to why it isn't doing something. But taking it one more step I saw where the d200 also came out with a dual brake sys. and would like to know if I could economically convert mine and a recommended site as to where to get the needed parts.P.S. This is a working tractor that is in use. Not a show tractor. I would at some point be interested in putting a loader on it as well. Please for conveyance if you don't mind send me a response by e-mail jrrmcpk9@gmail.com 

KC9KAS

@jerrye :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

The peddle on the left side will (when adjusted properly) move the motion control lever (and hydro) into a neutral position when applied, thus a "brake" stopping the tractor. I have a D-200 and have not used the parking brake....You apply the peddle and a lever to lock the transmission into a "park" position. Apparently these have a tendency to not release and break parts inside the transmission/rear-end.

Using the peddle alone should not cause any damage to the transmission.

There was a member on Red Square that had D parts and the "turning" brake parts for sale, but I do not remember who that was...maybe someone else can help.

Loaders are out there for sale, and show up once in a while, but be prepared to pay dearly for a really nice one, or do a lot of work on a not so nice one!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• Crazy Old Red Horse
      By Crazy Old Red Horse
      Barn find 1975 D180. 608 original hours. Tractor and 48” belly mower look to be still in their original paint. Rear 60” finish mower looks like it has had one coat of new paint added at some point. Open to trades. Please email me with any questions or for additional photos. 35 miles north of Pittsbugh.

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Grandpa wouldn't line up in right way.  Stubborn. Nice day today, got some of my herd out. 315-8 w/42" deck to mow. D200 to disc w/tandem disc. 520H w/36" tiller. And RJ59 with 36" Parker Sweeper. These horses done me well today.

• SpindleyEbersol
      By SpindleyEbersol
      I repowered my D200 last winter.  I got the for/rev handle on wrong.  It’ll just drift and has no resistance if you’re operating it.  I would like to put a fiber washer in the linkage somewhere.  Any ideas.  These are just some pics of the repower.  

• DarrellF
      By DarrellF
      Guess since I broke the hub and found that bad axle keyway I’m going to pull the rear and rebuild it
      might as well, cause I need to replace the axle. This way I get a good look inside and inspect everything.
      Also change the bull gear bolts to mark 8, seals, bearings, whatever it needs.
      1: looks like I’ll need to make a new gasket
      2: Axle seals
      3: Bull gear bolts and nuts 5/16 mark 8 
      4: O-rings 
      5: and Anything else as I inspect
      6: Not sure what torque specs are but I'm sure someone will know.
      This way she will be tip top and painted.
      I will post pics as I go not sure when I’ll start but I need her fixed.