Kurty

Gt1100 mower deck crossover

Kurty

I have an 84 gt 1100 model a1-11b801. It had a 42 inch side discharge deck on it but unfortunately it is no longer working. I’m having trouble finding one of that style to replace it. Does anyone know what model deck that I can use? Is there a bigger one that will work on it? Thanks in advance. 

Sparky

Any deck made from 1973 and up for the Wheel Horse garden tractor line (B-80/100, C series, 300, 400, 500 series) will work on your GT -1100. The next size up is a 48” deck but in my opinion that’s a pretty big deck for your Briggs 11hp.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here are the decks listed for the GT-1100 in 1984. Click on the fuzzy pictures and the page that comes up has a list of the decks in the order they were produced. Look for your deck in the list.

What the list does not tell you is which decks used blades with a 5/8" x 3/4" center hole which are no longer available and which ones used a 3/4" blade center hole which are available. Older decks could have had the spindles replaced to use 3/4" center hole blades.

05-36MR02 - 36" rear discharge

05-42MR02 - 42" rear discharge

05-42MS03 - 42" side discharge

• Like 1

Kurty

You all were very helpful I really appreciate it. I’ll start searching for one tonight. Thanks!