Sign in to follow this  
trevor

D160 wheel horse pto shaft

trevor

Soo... was tilling the garden and couldn't really turn so ended going up a small hill a tires started spinning. So I engage my tiller for a little push. The tiller was not sitting straight and the splines on the tractor pto got ripped. Tiller looks fine. Anyone know if these can be repaired or do I need to find a used one? I other options. Thanks

IMG_20171022_173841.jpg

IMG_20171022_173935.jpg

trevor

Ok so looked a bit further and the piece that got chewed up on the tractor is a not the whole shaft it is sometime type of quick connect coupler. Anyone know where I could get one? Thanks

ol550

Never had one, but I think you could dress it up with a couple good files. There should be 3 balls that lock the coupler to the shaft and the outer collar should be spring loaded to hold them in place. There looks to be enough good left in the coupler to work, or at least until you can find a replacement.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

How many splines? 

Garry

• Like 1

trevor

I will need to count them.

So their are 15 splines.

The ball bearings are lost, they must have spun out when the shaft disengaged.  So i will need these as well, any one know the size?  

pfrederi

You are going to have to see if the springs stayed in place or flew out with the balls  My bad the spring is behind the collar.  The balls are avery loose fit in the hole look to be 5/16 but had to measure with out removing them.  Measure your hole and go 1 size smaller

Edited by pfrederi

trevor

Where are the springs? I never saw any springs.  Can you take a picture for me?

gwest_ca

Have a Gravely 50" deck that is driven out front by a drive shaft. The spring-loaded female coupler is part of the driveshaft and connects to a male 15 spline shaft that sticks out the front of the tractor. Must have been a common setup but this one is reversed to yours.

Garry