Huntemcd

First sickle bar!

Huntemcd

I bought this sickle bar a couple weeks ago and figured out the bottom drive pulley was backwards so I tried heating it up and it still wouldn’t come off. And yes I took both of the set screws off. And we put a puller on it and bent the pulley all up. So we found a pulley that is the same thing and put it on the right way and it works good. I just need to get a bigger belt and lube it all up. It’s a 50” too. I can’t wait to use it a lot. Any tips on running it or anything else. 

5CD8BE59-AC49-492F-BA99-92B261FF0004.jpeg

BB0E2D50-E91A-44C0-9951-A04850996DD4.jpeg

• Like 6

Sarge

Should never really run it over 1/2 throttle - that wobble box drive cannot withstand moving any faster without committing suicide...and be careful hitting any hard objects not to mention keep any kids well away from it .

Sarge

Huntemcd
8 hours ago, Sarge said:

Should never really run it over 1/2 throttle - that wobble box drive cannot withstand moving any faster without committing suicide...and be careful hitting any hard objects not to mention keep any kids well away from it .

Sarge

Ok. I have a farmall cub sickle bar so I know how to run them pretty much. You wouldn’t believe what I paid for this sickle bar!

And can I use my regular pto setup or do I have to run the small pulley like I have there.