farmall450diesel

Snow blower questions

farmall450diesel

I have another question. I am looking for a two stage snow blower for my 520 with the swept forward axle. Do I have to find a blower that came off a 520 with the swept forward axle or will others fit? Eric

gwest_ca

The first 2-stage snowthrowers were provided by Ber-Vac and they will fit any of the long frame tractors as long as it has the front quick hitch. (1973 on) The 520-H is a long frame tractor.

Toro developed their own 2-stage model in 1990 and fits the same tractors. When that happened the 300, 400 and 500-series of tractors were the models of the day so that is where most of them will be found.

Isn't the versatility of the Wheel Horse great?

When you find one get the parts list for it so you are sure you get all the pieces that can get separated from the unit once they are removed from the tractor.

Garry

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

No sir, all the snow throwers for the classics will fit on the 520 with swept forward axle because they sit far forward and stay straight, (as that is the only reason you need the frame extension on the snow plow frame because when you angle it it hits the tires), Jeff.

IMAG2994.jpg

IMAG1683.jpg

• Like 2

farmall450diesel
13 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

The first 2-stage snowthrowers were provided by Ber-Vac and they will fit any of the long frame tractors as long as it has the front quick hitch. (1973 on) The 520-H is a long frame tractor.

Toro developed their own 2-stage model in 1990 and fits the same tractors. When that happened the 300, 400 and 500-series of tractors were the models of the day so that is where most of them will be found.

Isn't the versatility of the Wheel Horse great?

When you find one get the parts list for it so you are sure you get all the pieces that can get separated from the unit once they are removed from the tractor.

Garry

Thanks Garry,

Everything you said is a great help. Eric

11 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

No sir, all the snow throwers for the classics will fit on the 520 with swept forward axle because they sit far forward and stay straight, (as that is the only reason you need the frame extension on the snow plow frame because when you angle it it hits the tires), Jeff.

IMAG2994.jpg

IMAG1683.jpg

Thank you. You have a good looking collection. Love the two stage.Eric

• Like 1