Jump to content
Alwill

Loaded tires

Recommended Posts

I would add tire chains to complete the snow removal unit!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I also add roller chains wrapped around the front tires for steering control when pushing a blade full of wet heavy snow. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

And I also add roller chains wrapped around the front tires for steering control when pushing a blade full of wet heavy snow. 

Cool idea might do also have pair of 80 lb lead weights to much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been following the roller chain thing for a couple years now.......But this year gentlemen,,,,,,its a new year,,,,,and  we are gonna pull the trigger on this chain idea,,

Also,,,,,I will be running 50lb weights on both the inside and outside of the rear wheels...as well as double chains...Also gentlemen,,,,,I will running what will be referred to from now on and in the future as ...an ED KENNELL Stack,,,,,sold on the idea,,,,,,,,,thanks ED,,,,,

 

OK,,,,,,,Let it bring it on !!!!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOWWAAARRRDDDD!!! I've got front chains all ready for you. Just pick 'em up!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

HOWWAAARRRDDDD!!! I've got front chains all ready for you. Just pick 'em up!

I know old red ryder and squonk know short hand,,,,,,,this must be long hand lolololoolo

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 857 horse said:

I have been following the roller chain thing for a couple years now.......But this year gentlemen,,,,,,its a new year,,,,,and  we are gonna pull the trigger on this chain idea,,

Also,,,,,I will be running 50lb weights on both the inside and outside of the rear wheels...as well as double chains...Also gentlemen,,,,,I will running what will be referred to from now on and in the future as ...an ED KENNELL Stack,,,,,sold on the idea,,,,,,,,,thanks ED,,,,,

 

OK,,,,,,,Let it bring it on !!!!!!!

 

                                                                                                                               THE STACK

IMG_6697.JPG.da890927b342f0cfa5d5f592f966bc6a.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I filled my rear tires on my C160 with RV antifreeze and chains . Never spins works great. Chains are a must.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I filled my rear tires on my C160 with RV antifreeze and chains .

 

    I just gotta ask Bob.   How did you get those chains inside the tires?     :confusion-shrug:  :ychain::text-imsorry:  I just can't help myself.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gees good catch, maybe those chains were made of liquid metal? :)

 

C-85

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dismount tire. Throw chains inside said tire and remount. What's the problem? 

 

Oh and hi HHHHOOOOWWWWWAAAAARRRRDDDDD! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's either my grammar or your understanding  that's screwed up. 

But I stand corrected the chain's are on the outside of the tire. You have to be careful what you say here. These guys will have you for dinner. Thanks @Ed Kennell

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 7:44 PM, 857 horse said:

the roller chain thing

I have 10 feet of # 60 roller chain waiting to be put on. .. hoping it will help with steering in mud and soft terrain.... then snow. ..

 

 

Edited by ebinmaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will be well pleased with the difference on snow and ice, I'm unsure of what difference it would make in mud or soft terrain it just might tear up more than it may help because it does bite in well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

I'm unsure of what difference it would make in mud or soft terrain it just might tear up more than it may help because it does bite in well.

I'm ok if I tear up the yard... I do have some green stuff growing out of the ground but I would certainly Not call it a Lawn.:blink:

 

The main reason I'm putting on chains is - while going uphill and turning, the tractor likes to go straight ahead even though there's 110 lbs of fluid weight up there.

 

Not sure when I'll get around to trying them out but I'll try to remember to post the results.

On 10/19/2017 at 7:30 PM, Alwill said:

Cool idea might do also have pair of 80 lb lead weights to much?

I added about 120 lbs to the front of my B80 with larger, fluid filled tires. it does steer a bit tough if I try to turn the wheel sitting still... the roller chains should actually help twice. 1. they bite in for traction. 2. they can make it easier to steer by reducing the ground foot print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ebinmaine as for turning in mud I had the same problem. I installed a set of ags  on the front and the only weight I had was about 30 lbs of hydraulic tank and fluid. No more steering problems.

Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JPWH said:

@ebinmaine as for turning in mud I had the same problem. I installed a set of ags  on the front and the only weight I had was about 30 lbs of hydraulic tank and fluid. No more steering problems.

Jay

I wanted ags for the front but couldn't find them for a reasonable price at the time. I got the turfs I have now because I was trying to get the tallest front tire possible...

Any source for 20 inch or taller ags for an 8 inch rim?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might give simple tire a call.

Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any pictures of this roller chain installed on the front tires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chains and wheel weights work fine on all my Horses

Never filled the wheels thinking, "Rim rust?"  :think:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GREYGHOST said:

Anyone have any pictures of this roller chain installed on the front tires?

Click here:

 

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×