nylyon

Winter prep

nylyon

Beautiful October day, taking advantage of the weather. One of these will be on winter duty, guess which one?

funny they all have 42” RD decks on them nowimage.jpg 

left to right: 1994 416-H  1995 312-8  1974 C160 Automatic

• Like 7

Terry M

The Onan powered unit?

• Like 2

clueless

Not that old 1974, far sure. I've got the brother of the 416-H, it's a '97 416-8 with 220 Hrs, that I don't use that I would trade you for that wore out C160 ;), the problem is like always your 1200 miles north of me.

• Like 2

nylyon

No one wants one of those old Onan 8-speeds😄 actually if you’re looking to trade that 416 I can do that,  not for the C160, but would be willing to trade The 312, 414 and would throw in the 310 plus a sickle bar for that one.... what a deal huh?

• Like 2

nylyon

Surprise

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

nylyon

I had picked up the 44” blower over the summer, it was run on a 310-8 (bought that too). Was thinking of putting it on the 414, but that does too good as a plow tractor. The 16’s were the best choice because of power, with the edge going to the Onan with torque, since new though, that Eaton 1100 didn’t like winter, so on the C160 it goes!

• Like 4

clueless
27 minutes ago, nylyon said:

No one wants one of those old Onan 8-speeds😄 actually if you’re looking to trade that 416 I can do that,  not for the C160, but would be willing to trade The 312, 414 and would throw in the 310 plus a sickle bar for that one.... what a deal huh?

Ah the old 3 fur deal. I do plan on selling the 416-8, I really don't need any more of these thing, got a nice 312-8, just need a nice hydro, knee and shoulder about shot :(. My be putting the 416-8 in the classifieds soon, If your interested PM me, like I said I'm at least 1200 mile south. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Well, there will not be any measurable snow in Southeast New York this season.  That's for sure.  I need to put the winter attachments on my horses...then it will all fall in Cleveland and Buffalo.  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance:  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, nylyon said:

Surprise

image.jpg

I was just about to cast my vote for the 416 when I saw this.    I only use the twins for winter duty.   

I am convinced half the fuel generates HP and the other half generates heat.    What doesn't the 1100 like about winter?

I have four 1100s..... three lift instantly and one requires the warm up like the manual  recommends.

• Like 4

nylyon

Absolutely right Steve, part of the plan! Ed, the 416 takes several minutes for the lift when it’s cold, been like that since new. Besides, the C has to earn its keep

• Like 2

stevasaurus

The natives are chopping wood like crazy.  :ROTF:  You wood (sp) have to be around a long time to appreciate this sideline.  do some search.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
3 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

The natives are chopping wood like crazy.  :ROTF:  You wood (sp) have to be around a long time to appreciate this sideline.  do some search.  :occasion-xmas:

When I think of all that energy expelled chopping wood, it reminds me to go clean the spiders out of my garage heater's pilot burner. The little devils love propane! :banana-wrench:

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I wonder if the snow blower would work on leaves. Some one try it out and let me know. I have too many acorns and do not want hit in the head with future oak trees.

ebinmaine
On 10/19/2017 at 3:39 PM, stevasaurus said:

Well, there will not be any measurable snow in Southeast New York this season.  That's for sure.  I need to put the winter attachments on my horses...then it will all fall in Cleveland and Buffalo.  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance:  :occasion-xmas:

Sure would be super nice of you to keep it far south and west of me here in Maine.

pfrederi

All my sunstrands will lift the plow /blower immediately and move out side to warm up.  the Eaton on the 418 wouldn't budge the blower until it had filled the shop with exhaust fumes..  Swap out the transaxle on that C-160 with  a limited slip 10  pinion from a Charger electro and you will be impressed.

953 nut
11 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Eaton on the 418 wouldn't budge the blower until it had filled the shop with exhaust fumes.

You could buy a four wheel dolly and rest the blower on it when you shut down then you could drive it out the door to warm up.

Image result for four wheel dolly

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

That was my choice Karl. Plenty of power with Hydro lift and more time between fill ups over the Onan.

pfrederi
23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

You could buy a four wheel dolly and rest the blower on it when you shut down then you could drive it out the door to warm up.

Image result for four wheel dolly

Don't need it. The sundstrands work immediately Put a 16hp on an Electro, more than enough power for  the blower.  418 is on mower duty you can drive out witht eh deck down.  Even in the summer (with Mobil One) she takes her sweet time to start the lift.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, nylyon said:

Surprise

image.jpg

Good choice Karl. Nothing like a old K Kohler.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1