AlexR

Got a "new" C120 Wheelhorse

oneroadkingman

What was the $ damage for the 4 tires? And do the steer any better than the turf style?

AlexR
9 minutes ago, oneroadkingman said:

What was the $ damage for the 4 tires? And do the steer any better than the turf style?

Not bad less then $180 for all four of them, tires-easy.com is where I got mine.

Them seem to I haven't had much of a chance to test them out I need to mow to really test them

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Love that hood ornament

• Like 1

AlexR
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Love that hood ornament

Thanks! Wish there was someway I could sell them, but the time I spent on it would make it cost way to much.

ebinmaine

Yeah. Totally understandable.

Probably going to scare me with the answer but do you have any idea how many hours you actually have into that thing including painting and everything like that?

AlexR
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yeah. Totally understandable.

Probably going to scare me with the answer but do you have any idea how many hours you actually have into that thing including painting and everything like that?

Well if you don't include fixing my screwup with the clear coat. Probably around 6-7 hours. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, AlexC120 said:

Well if you don't include fixing my screwup with the clear coat. Probably around 6-7 hours. 

Well maybe you need to create one of those Niche markets where you can get a hundred bucks a piece for them and then you could make a good living.....

• Like 2

AlexR
26 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Well maybe you need to create one of those Niche markets where you can get a hundred bucks a piece for them and then you could make a good living.....

Honestly the best idea for mass scale production would be a 3d printer (not to give anyone any ideas ;) ) not to mention a lot of other cool stuff that could be done for these horses.

The other thing I was thinking is if I can make a mold for it to melt plastic in not sure I have the ability to do that though.

• Like 1

AlexR

It dried up enough today to get to mow and man its nice the front tires do help its not like a huge difference but there is. Besides its awesome to look down at your front tires and just see tri ribs.

And then I washed the tractor when I was done mowing as it was a little dirty.

I got some more trans oil and I will change it out again because on the dipstick it's still a little foamy and why not? :)

The other thing is I saw some stacks at TSC and there are flappers as well all for a reasonable price I will have to check the sizing exactly but it looks like it will be the right size.

P_20180818_170204_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180818_170146_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180818_170220_vHDR_On.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

oneroadkingman

You're right it is a pretty decent price for all 4 tires. and stacks do look cool if you get the right size..

• Like 1

AlexR
46 minutes ago, oneroadkingman said:

You're right it is a pretty decent price for all 4 tires. and stacks do look cool if you get the right size..

Yeah I want a shorter stack kinda want the old tractor look so I don't know that I will even try to get any chrome on it especially since I want a flapper on it and those don't mix

AlexR

Cleaned up the shed so I can actually have a decent space in there for the tractor. And got the diff oil replaced so put the old girl in the stable and out of the garage.

On a side note I picked up this Husqvarna 142 for 90 bucks saw on FB marketplace in a nearby town so jumped on it. It was the ladies ex-husbands and she thought he had used it a few times but the tank has never had any gas in it ever..  And the bar has never touched wood. So I was the first one to start it up.

P_20180819_204644_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180818_213044_vHDR_On.jpg

• Like 1

AlexR

New stack! got it painted up in high heat black so gotta wait a little while to cure before I can get it fully on.

P_20180825_145153_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180825_205522_vHDR_On.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I do like me a well stacked tractor !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

AlexR

Black stack done!! Not sure what else I can do? :think:

P_20180826_094350_vHDR_On.jpg

• Excellent 1

AlexR

Well I haven't really done a lot to the old girl in a while but while using the bottom plow the belt has been slipping, also in 3rd gear I bought non Toro belt and regretted it. Bought a 7473 belt off eBay and fit perfectly and now no slipping and can actually pull a wheelie in 3rd

IMG_20230504_192112978_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230504_192349750.jpg

• Excellent 2