Sign in to follow this  
grinchsr

Blower lift rod bent??

grinchsr

Just picked up a 2 stage blower which I have never owned before.  While looking at the lift rod it just looks bent.  I need to know if the bend in the rod is normal or did it bend from stress or running into something in the past.  See pic

IMG_0198.JPG

WVHillbilly520H

I believe it should be "straight", Jeff.Screenshot_2015-10-20-21-14-41.png.f6f81dc3cfbe116bbe76624cbd58edc6.png

IMAG2500.jpg

grinchsr

Thanks for the pics Jeff. It is definitely bent

• Like 1

wallfish

looks like the piece it's connected to is bent as well. It should be connected to a curved piece but that curved piece should be flat.

(does that make sense?)

grinchsr

Yes it does John and thanks.  That whole area was mangled for what ever reason but last night with the help of a torch I managed to straighten it all out.  I will find out more when I get it mounted which looks like a major under taking.

gwest_ca

Don't know your model number but this should help with the installation. Click on the picture

Garry

grinchsr

Thank you Garry.  I just downloaded them

WVHillbilly520H

@cleat, he did a very good picture full thread on installing the 2stage , that's how I figured it out when I put it on my 520 2 years ago, Jeff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Jaydubz83
      By Jaydubz83
      Good Morning fellow WH nuts 
      After 72 hrs of it sitting in the garage, I got to play with my new-to-me tractor and snowblower.   Seems as though in the midst of all my excitement, I broke the blower.  Pulled off the belt cover and noticed the flat idler pully seemed to chew up the belt guard bracket.  I was looking at the back of the auger housing and also seemed to notice some paint scraping from what I assume to be the auger brushing the back of the housing.  I found a dealer that has the bracket and pulley in stock within a couple hrs driving distance but my concern is once I take the 4 hr roundtrip and re-install the parts, is there anything else that could have failed that I can't see any signs of.

Pics below are the flat idler pulley and the belt guard bracket.

Hopefully I didn't kill it too bad.  Got a little overzealous with a 5 yr old sitting on my lap cheering in delight.  😏🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    • WHX??
      By WHX??
      Two stage for 2 Franklins...I think I stole it .  Model 79361 SN 6900607 so my guess would be 1997? Found  out about it through my daily CL saved  Wheel Horse  search email blast. Immediately I recognized the seller as a local guy who awhile back had an implement package I SHOULD have bought... I had him in my contacts yet so a quick  phone call held it for me. He had it on CL for 350, dropped it to 250 and when he recognized me 200.
      It's in pretty decent shape but down side all is not there ... missing the chute rotate crank & support & for sure the 117556  lift rod. Any chance you would have the rod Lowell ? @wheelhorseman1000 The crank & support I can easily make.  Not quite sure what else might be missing. . Downloaded the manuals so will have to study them as well. Any help/tips from you 2 stg veterans is appreciated as always.

More pics to come once I get into fitting it up to the 520.