jellyghost

Looks like it needs grease!

jellyghost

I am trying to find all of the zerk fittings on my C-101, and two spots have me puzzled.  The center spindle on the mower deck does not have a zerk.  I looked at some images online, and I couldn't find a wheel horse mower deck with a clear zerk on the center spindle.  Is it missine a zerk or is there another way to grease this part?

A while ago, someone suggested greasing the steering column and shaft joints.  I have been looking at it, and I can't find any zerks.   How do I grease this?  Is it necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Clark 

Lee1977

The center spindle zerk may be worn off. The tractor deck lift will hit it and wear it off. I remove my center zerk sand replace it with

a fine tread set screw. The only time you can grease it is when the deck is removed.

• Like 3

WildHorses

There will (or should be) be a grease zerk on top of all three spindles. The middle spindle has a tendency to rub on the lift rod on a lot of decks, it may have worn off the zerk. There is also a zerk on the base of the shaft that goes to the steering wheel around the geared block. It's sometimes caked in grease and difficult to find but it's there. You can find it referenced on page 22-23 of the owners manuals.

Edited by WildHorses
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, jellyghost said:

greasing the steering column and shaft joints.

This one will also require the deck being removed. It is on the bottom of the fan gear block where the two pieces mate up.

• Like 1

tunahead72

If your center spindle grease fitting is worn off, you'll find some other ideas here:

Tankman

Keep an easy-out and spare zerk fittings in your tool box.

Right angle zerk fittings are handy too.

I've replaced quite a few grease fittings but more often front axle pin center.

Use a block of wood if jacking up the front of your Horse! :handgestures-thumbupright:

JimD

My B60 and B80 have no spindle zerks on the deck. They are sealed bearings that need to be replaced when worn out. Is it possible that someone may have changed that spindle somewhere along the line?

redone

Hi All. 

I am searching for a metal plate that attaches to the starter on a 8 up Kohler. Its used to mount the coil, and solenoid 

Any ideas were to find one.

Thank you

Bill

953 nut
25 minutes ago, redone said:

Hi All. 

I am searching for a metal plate that attaches to the starter on a 8 up Kohler. Its used to mount the coil, and solenoid 

Any ideas were to find one.

Thank you

Bill

Best bet would be to place a wanted ad in classifieds, just click below.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/