Sign in to follow this  
ClassicTractorProfessor

traded my bucket truck earlier

ClassicTractorProfessor

traded my bucket truck straight across for an 81 f250 and an 8n Ford tractor...pretty excited about the deal

20171015_171525.jpg

20171015_171517.jpg

20171015_171506.jpg

20171015_171351.jpg

20171015_171308.jpg

• Like 5

oldredrider

Let's review: 1 Chevrolet for 2 Fords. Sounds about right to me! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Only needs about twelve more of 'em to equal that old Chevy.   :confusion-shrug:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

jellyghost

I bought a bucket truck 3 years ago, and it is going to be hard to give up.  No more ladders for me.

I love what you got for it though.

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
6 minutes ago, jellyghost said:

I bought a bucket truck 3 years ago, and it is going to be hard to give up.  No more ladders for me.

I love what you got for it though.

Believe me this one has been handy...and I've made a lot of money with the old truck...but just hate seeing a good piece of equipment sit idle...actually went over there to see if he would trade the pickup and some cash for my truck...he popped off before I could say anything that he would trade the pickup AND the tractor for the truck...so I jumped on the deal

• Like 1

EricF

That's an awfully good trade... I used to drive an 82 F150. Well, if it wasn't for the 5-lug hubs, it probably would have been a 250... I was the second owner, and the original owner had apparently special-ordered it built up about as heavy as you could get an F150 back then, and it still kept the bulletproof straight-six engine and classic three-on-the-tree. The clutch was oversized -- it went in twice for clutch work over the years, two different shops. Both times they opened it up and found a bigger clutch than the shop manual said. :scratchead: (Probably shouldn't have needed a second clutch job, except the fist shop didn't get it quite right... :angry-banghead:  There's no room for error with the old fully-mechanical clutch linkage. A little irregularity in the flywheel causes more judder when the clutch picks up and wears it. No cushioning effect in the linkage like a hydraulic clutch. Second time, a different shop machined the flywheel perfect, and the clutch was perfect ever after.)

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
16 minutes ago, EricF said:

That's an awfully good trade... I used to drive an 82 F150. Well, if it wasn't for the 5-lug hubs, it probably would have been a 250... I was the second owner, and the original owner had apparently special-ordered it built up about as heavy as you could get an F150 back then, and it still kept the bulletproof straight-six engine and classic three-on-the-tree. The clutch was oversized -- it went in twice for clutch work over the years, two different shops. Both times they opened it up and found a bigger clutch than the shop manual said. :scratchead: (Probably shouldn't have needed a second clutch job, except the fist shop didn't get it quite right... :angry-banghead:  There's no room for error with the old fully-mechanical clutch linkage. A little irregularity in the flywheel causes more judder when the clutch picks up and wears it. No cushioning effect in the linkage like a hydraulic clutch. Second time, a different shop machined the flywheel perfect, and the clutch was perfect ever after.)

Best truck I ever owned (and the one that converted me to a Ford guy) was an 80 F150 with the 300 straight 6 and a 4 speed...thing was bulletproof...and would always start and run when nothing else would...finally junked it out cause the body was rusting away on it...but that old engine is still running pumping water for an irrigation system every summer. 

ClassicTractorProfessor

well been talking to a fellow tractor collector who owns a few n series Ford tractors. come to find out mine is actually a 2n. he says some of the later 2n models had 8n engines on them and were painted like the 8n...learn something new every day lol

wbarry

Sounds like a good deal. NIce rig!