dells68

Christmas Surprise

dells68

Fronts are firestone 16x6.5-8.  I got them from Miller Tire at $70 each plus shipping.  That didn't include the tubes!  They look great, but I couldn't afford them for  my tractor, but Emory was really wanting a set for the tractor I'm going to fix for him next spring;).

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

stevebo

I have not seen a horse painted that shade and I have to say it looks really nice. The boy is gonna love it!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68
7 hours ago, stevebo said:

I have not seen a horse painted that shade and I have to say it looks really nice. The boy is gonna love it!!!

Thanks Stevebo.  I just wanted it to be different, something that is just Emory's.  It really pops out in the sun and is not as dark as it seems in the garage.

• Like 2

dclarke

This tractor is looking awesome, he's gonna be one happy boy in a few weeks!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred
21 hours ago, dells68 said:

Not much to report lately.  Got the dash tower assembled, dash panel painted, and gas tank installed.  Did get a chance to visit with@oldredrider last Friday.  Traded a couple of motors and got a mule drive for coyote.  Also tracked down a set of weights for coyote with Paul's help.  I also ordered a gas valve and seal for the poly tank.  Hopefully I'll get to work again Sat.  We've got our tractor association's  Christmas dinner tomorrow night.  Usually around a hundred people attend.  Never pass up good food.  Hate to disappoint, but no chimichangas  @Big_Red_Fred

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

I hear ya Driver, LOL 

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred

R U All Ready boy'sIMG_04531.jpg.6b3600ba837f5930671252ff71e3853e.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Dells, that looks sooooo sweet. First class job, been enjoying it. Cant wait to see the little guy seeing it.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris G

I must say WOW!! That is looking GREAT!!! I really like the color combo and great job. Your boy is gonna be super excited for sure...  Better make sure ya got the camera ready when ya give it to him cause that will surely be a memory to capture.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

We've got to be able to see Emory's reaction when he finds out that the tractor is his. The anticipation is at a fever pitch for us waiting for the big reveal. This is gonna be a wild Christmas for him and you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

dells68
2 hours ago, Chris G said:

I must say WOW!! That is looking GREAT!!! I really like the color combo and great job. Your boy is gonna be super excited for sure...  Better make sure ya got the camera ready when ya give it to him cause that will surely be a memory to capture.

26 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

We've got to be able to see Emory's reaction when he finds out that the tractor is his. The anticipation is at a fever pitch for us waiting for the big reveal. This is gonna be a wild Christmas for him and you. 

Thanks guys.  I haven't had a chance to do a whole lot due to other obligations for the last week or so.  We took Emory to the Virginia Tech Carillion Research Institute for a follow up to his study that he participated in during May.  I hope to get back on it this weekend.  I get off for Christmas next Tues and may have to thrash a couple of days to finish up.  I will be sure to have a camera close by.  I'm going to give him a Wheel Horse hat and Blackhood shirt along with his keys before I take him down.  I'll update as soon as I get more done.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

SylvanLakeWH

Hey dells68 - Blackhood shirt? Can you elaborate?

Did you make it or buy it?

I would be interested to see it...:ph34r:

• Like 2

dells68

I actually contacted a fellow in MA who makes and sells shirts, hoodies, mouse pads, just about anything with a farm related theme that you can think of.  I found a nice pic of a blackhood and he's going to put it on a shirt for me to give Emory Christmas morning.  He's going to do another for me with Emory and his tractor after Christmas.  His prices are reasonable and he already has several Wheel Horse designs available, but will do custom work.  Haven't got the shirt yet, but he did send me the proof.  He's got some really nice stuff on his website.  Check it out at www.imissthefarm.com.  Mods, I hope posting his address is ok.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I'm thinking you need to hide a few video cameras in the house and garage so you can capture the whole surprise!

• Like 8

19richie66

Go pro on Emory's hat would be cool.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

oldredrider

The countdown is on but it looks like you're right on schedule. Good job. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Its turning out great. He is in for such a treat.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ACman

:bow-blue: That’s totally :wicked: looking!!! 

Emory is going to freak out :o on Christmas !

Edited by ACman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

PeacemakerJack

WOW! THAT WAS TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT! Excellent work @dells68 and so worth the effort for your favorite little guy in the whole world. I can’t wait to see the video of his reaction when he realizes it is for him!:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

dells68

I'll post some pics of it on Christmas morning when he gets it.  I've got him some other wheel horse goodies for then too.  I'll try to get a video too.  Thanks for all of the compliments.  I hope Emory is excited as I am!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Marv

BEAUTIFUL ! When he is  my age (old) he is going to tell this story to his grand children while his heart swells with pride that his dad did this for him.

Marv

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

I’m sure he’ll be excited now but as he gets older, I think that he’ll really begin to understand the labor of love that you put into that machine for him.  What’s also cool about this specific gift is that fact that he has taken the journey with you. There are so many lessons that a young mind can learn: tenacity, constancy of purpose, determination, thoroughness, the list could go on. It does something for a youngster to see their parent start a project and not only finish it, but finish it with excellence!

Again I say “Well done!”  A quote from Proverbs that I love to insert after any complete tractor resto is, “the desire accomplished is sweet to the soul!”

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

dclarke

Well done sir! There’s gonna be one happy little boy on Christmas Day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1