dells68

Christmas Surprise

dells68

Just finished priming the rest of Emory's tractor.  Gotta run the wife to urgent care - pink eye!  I'm going to come back and seal it.  Hopefully next time I post a pic, all the pieces will be painted.  By the way, don't laugh at my fancy paint booth!:woohoo:  I also got a pic of the black in the sun.  Me likes!

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

IMG_6325.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Thats rattle can? Looks awesome!

• Like 2

dells68
50 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Thats rattle can? Looks awesome!

Thanks!  Yup, it is the duplicolor OE match line of acrylic lacquers.  I'm pleased with the effect.  It will get a couple of coats of enamel clear after I do the red.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Coming along nice.

Glenn

• Thanks 1

953 nut

:woohoo:    That looks soooooooo goooood! Are you planning to do the black and white pinstripes on the hood too?     :text-coolphotos:

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

I don't know how you're gonna pull this whole thing off...

that thing just screams..."Christmas tractor".    :occasion-santa:

Image result for christmas bows

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

dells68
13 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I don't know how you're gonna pull this whole thing off...

that thing just screams..."Christmas tractor".    :occasion-santa:

So far he's been really good about not pestering us or asking too many questions.  He just keeps reminding me that I need to fix the CG8 for him and telling me all of the things I've done to this one that he wants done to his.  Hope this works - less than a month left!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
On 11/29/2017 at 6:34 AM, dells68 said:

less than a month

:occasion-santa:

• Like 4

19richie66

Kid's gonna flip out! Looks great. Hope I get to see it in person in June and meet him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68
22 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Kid's gonna flip out! Looks great. Hope I get to see it in person in June and meet him.

Thanks!  I hope this is as good of a gift as I think.  Good Lord willing, we'll be at the Big Show with it.  Emory's been betting on it since last summer.  He's in heaven for 3 days!  We're on our way to UVA for his dr appt today.  Hopefully I'll get back to it next week.

• Like 3

19richie66

Good luck with his appointment. Hope all goes well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Looks like you graduated the same paint school as me Dells.... :ychain: at least the taillight  will cover and only ones who will know will be us & still better than having the other kinds of runs!

IMG_6363_JPG_65dafe905a1600f8824dde92dcdcc7e3.jpg

Rest looks beautimus & love the decals! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

dells68
7 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Good luck with his appointment. Hope all goes well.

All went good.  Emory comes back in January to begin some Botox injections to weaken his tight muscles to allow for strengthening of the weaker ones in his arm.  Couldn't ask for doctors to be any better to a child!

6 hours ago, WHX12 said:

Looks like you graduated the same paint school as me Dells.... :ychain: at least the taillight  will cover and only ones who will know will be us & still better than having the other kinds of runs!

Thanks and yup, that run was actually in the primer and I knew it wouldn't be seen.  There is a run in the clear on the front that will have to be sanded out.  It was a little cool the day I painted.  I had planned on buffing the paint a little before Christmas anyway:).

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

@dells68, My stepson goes to UVA to keep in check with his Autism and muscular issues my wife says there the best with the kids, and BTW I might have missed it, exactly what brand color/shade of  red did you use, as I was considering a shade similar to the 80-90s Murray with metallic when I refurbished my '95 520, thanks Jeff.

• Like 2

dells68

Jeff, they truly are awesome up there.  The red is Rustoleum Red Metallic Speck.  $40 shipped off of eBay for 6 cans.  Had to hold two of them upside down to get them to spray.  Somehow they were defective, but did fine.  I really like the color, but you have to clear it or it has almost a purple look from the metallic particles.   Looks awesome in the sun after clear!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell
12 hours ago, WHX12 said:

Those aren't runs, those are "Paint flow indicators"!

Randy

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Racinbob

WOW!! This thread somehow managed to hide from me. That is awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished machine. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Not much to report lately.  Got the dash tower assembled, dash panel painted, and gas tank installed.  Did get a chance to visit with@oldredrider last Friday.  Traded a couple of motors and got a mule drive for coyote.  Also tracked down a set of weights for coyote with Paul's help.  I also ordered a gas valve and seal for the poly tank.  Hopefully I'll get to work again Sat.  We've got our tractor association's  Christmas dinner tomorrow night.  Usually around a hundred people attend.  Never pass up good food.  Hate to disappoint, but no chimichangas  @Big_Red_Fred

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

• Like 7

elcamino/wheelhorse

@dells68 Where did you purchase the tires for the Christmas surprise ? I like the way they look.

• Thanks 1

dells68
24 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@dells68 Where did you purchase the tires for the Christmas surprise ? I like the way they look.

Thanks!  The tires are Carlisle Tru Power 23x8.5-12.  I actually picked one up locally when I bought the engine.  Still had the stickers on it.  Only paid $40 for it!  I got the other one off of eBay for $81.66 shipped.  Figured I couldn't beat the price and I like the looks of the carlisles better than others I've seen.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

How about the front tires? I think they would make the 416 steering a easier , not sure about the rears yet , may go with ags .

• Like 1