dells68

Christmas Surprise

dells68

Great pic of Alex @Big_Red_Fred!  When is he being deployed?  You'll have to horsie sit for him while he's gone.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
35 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Great pic of Alex @Big_Red_Fred!  When is he being deployed?  You'll have to horsie sit for him while he's gone.

I spoke today about that, Its April 2018, they switched his orders from Africa to Germany for 6 weeks, but they may change again due to him having issues running, he tried Airborne Ranger School, cracked up some bones on a bad landing years ago, its affecting him running & keeps failing the run on his PT Test, Then he may go to the Desert in Nevada i think he said, Its hard to find a Good Soldier, But Our Sons have Great Fathers so it will always work out !

But your right about Horsie sitting, i said ill bring the D, 1054 & if any luck a GT14 along

• Like 2

dells68

Well, I finally pulled the flywheel from the Briggs that locked up.  Turns out that about 4 magnets decided to turn loose.  The alternator ring seems ok.  Guess that I got lucky.  Gonna have to source a flywheel and save it for another project.  Now, I've got another excuse to find another project after my bank account has a chance to recover from Christmas:ROTF:.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Good news, If that's all that happened...

should be able to clean up that flywheel, glue your magnets into place and, be back in business. 

• Like 4

dells68
24 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:confusion-shrug: Good news, If that's all that happened...

should be able to clean up that flywheel, glue your magnets into place and, be back in business. 

I've rotated the crank by hand and everything seems good.  Good compression, smooth, and no weird noises.  What type of glue would I use that I could trust?  I feel pretty lucky that no more harm was done than this.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ACman

Stuff that engine into that Ranger and do a pulley swap...call it “Hanger Ranger” because the front wheels won’t be on the ground much :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

dells68

Jeff, you know we do have a parts ranger, early round fender model that is screaming for a new power plant.  I've even got a good tranny I got from @oldredrider.  Frankenhorse possibly:auto-layrubber:!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, dells68 said:

Jeff, you know we do have a parts ranger, early round fender model that is screaming for a new power plant.  I've even got a good tranny I got from @oldredrider.  Frankenhorse possibly:auto-layrubber:!

oooooooooooo..... I do like me a lot o' them Frankenhosses....

You'd best be havin' a speaktoo with the significant other about moving all your families' living necessities to 'da workshop. You gots a lot to do out there this year!!!

Should be able to squeeeeze the kitchen stuff in one corner and the bed/bath stuff in another corner..... Maybe hang a TV on a spare wall....

No chairs or tables... you have tractors and workbenches for that.

Saves all the time walkin' to and fro between buildings ..

Yes honey I know it's a bit "snug" out here but just think of all the quality time we'll share.......!!!

Boy! I come up with some gooood ideas sometimes huh?  :ph34r: :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

dells68
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

oooooooooooo..... I do like me a lot o' them Frankenhosses....

You'd best be havin' a speaktoo with the significant other about moving all your families' living necessities to 'da workshop. You gots a lot to do out there this year!!!

Should be able to squeeeeze the kitchen stuff in one corner and the bed/bath stuff in another corner..... Maybe hang a TV on a spare wall....

No chairs or tables... you have tractors and workbenches for that.

Saves all the time walkin' to and fro between buildings ..

Yes honey I know it's a bit "snug" out here but just think of all the quality time we'll share.......!!!

Boy! I come up with some gooood ideas sometimes huh?  :ph34r: :hide:

Wow!  Now I'm really digging that idea!  Probably wouldn't work though.  Right now I'm working on an entertainment center that I promised the wife I'd build her for Christmas.  She's used to me working in the garage - she knows it's my therapy.  Keeps me sane.  She's the same way about school stuff (she teaches k, I teach 2nd) - she loves to read about school stuff and work on things for her class at night.  When I get home, I need something different and the horses give Emory and I some quality time together.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
On 1/1/2018 at 8:32 AM, dells68 said:

she teaches k, I teach 2nd

:bow-blue:

• Haha 2

Pullstart

Hey Dell... what did you do for wiring for the predator?  Did you incorporate the dash or just use the Predator key box?