Petes Horse

Hydro pump Shaft cylinder block removal

Petes Horse

Hello all, Figured I would share some info. I had to disassemble my d160 hydro pump motor and don't have a press.

I also had no idea how far to press the shaft or how much force to use.

I ended up using my small drill press to compress the spring and hold pressure downward on the shaft while i tapped down on the pump body with a rubber mallet.

It popped with very little force. I think tapping it helped the most. Make sure to put a socket or something for the other side of the shaft to move into.

Thanks, Pete

Pump.JPG

• Like 2

Petes Horse

Doesn't look too bad.Assembly.JPG.68095e144ff689c4dba896f8ad47334e.JPGPistons.JPG.223a4a5162da8a6d85e43ecb3da35425.JPG 

Plate.JPG

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I can see lots of scratches and scarring on the brass-surface parts.  you MUST get the surfaces as smooth as possilble, using 220 400 600 progressive grit sandpaper on a FLAT surface.  All 9 pistons and the valve plate....as well as the BASE of the cylinder block need refinished. 

Parts should look like this: 

1 (57).JPG

1 (58).JPG

1 (263).JPG

M11 001.jpg

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Petes Horse

Thanks for the pics. it helps to have a reference. I managed to slowly sand off a few finger tips but i think I got it.

The first picture the plate looks like steel but it's still brass.

59e282f27c3ae_Pistonplatefinished.JPG.30425b4e9eef7616175e29146247d572.JPG

Block finished.JPG

daveoman1966

The base of the cylinder block looks ok.  HOWEVER...  the VALVE PLATE needs work...lots of it.  You must continue to sand out the circular gouge using 220 grit paper on a FLAT SURFACE plate.  If you don't hot oil will simply bypass thru the gouge, detrimental to oil pressure, resulting in loss of power.  

no.jpg